How do you beat the 6 week slump?

Options
Going into my 6th week the rush of adrenalin is fading a bit. Eating 1200-1400 cals (depending on cals burned) a day was fairly easy so far, because I chose to eat very clean (turkey, eggs, protein shakes,veggies etc.) meant I could eat a lot, but now those foods are getting real boring.... I see commercials for fried chicken and tacos and begin to drool. I fantasize about pasta and peanut butter cookies (things I rarely ate even when I wasn't dieting) but seem to long for now???? It's like I need to slap the back of my brain to get my head back in the game.

I still enjoy working out, but I don't have that super excited adrenalin rush that allowed me to go 6 days a week and crank out the extra 20 minutes of cardio. Basically, I feel the slump coming on.

Any suggestions on how to rewire my brain to get super jazzed about eating yams and chicken, and hitting the gym like it's Six Flags?

Replies

• thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump, i want an answer to this too
  • curleegirl68
    curleegirl68 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Its tempting to see all those good things I have those cravings too. If you cook, there are healthy comfort foods. I love Hungry Girl and she has fantastic comfort foods.

If you want to eat those foods just do it every so often. Don't blow it.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Did you see yourself eating this same way for the rest of your life? If not, then stop depriving yourself. You've already put 6 weeks into your current diet, but it seems unsustainable if you're getting bored and distracted by it. If you want a peanut butter cookie, have one or 2, just don't have 5 cookies. And plan for it in your calories. Same with pasta (even better, go for whole wheat).

You can create your own versions of the taco or fried chicken that you sense yourself craving.

You can probably find more efficient methods for working out that don't require so much time at the gym, or change up your gym routine to something that you find more enjoyable.

Also, note this from Taco Bell, "Taco Bell is the latest restaurant chain to acknowledge that its food has been adulterated with horse meat, yanking a variety of ground beef products from its three British outlets and issuing an apology to its patrons Friday. " hehe, that sure keeps me out of fast food places! ;)