'Cheat' Days?

Options
Does anyone have them?
I get it helps to mix things up again to keep the weight coming off but what exactly would you class as cheating? going over you calorie count for the day?

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I don't purposely have cheat days.. they happen once in awhile but I just try to eat in a different range every day and have a couple treats each day..I couldn't bare to deprive myself and have to wait for a cheat day..
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    I use to. But now I limit myself to a cheat meal which seems to progress my fat loss further. Good luck.
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Like many I dont plan a cheat day but sometimes I just let myself go a bit and next thing I'm waaaay off target. I just dust myself down and hop back on the next day. I dont have a probem doing this and in fact it makes it easier to push on the good days. So long as its once in a while I dont see a big prob with it.
  • TehWaffleFairy
    Options
    Yeah? I'm trying to figure out what works for people, I changed my diet 2 weeks ago and decided to have a 'day off' yesterday it's thrown my motivation off a lil today now though i need to get my mojo back!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have a planned cheat meal once a week (Saturday)... usually fast food. Perhaps it has hindered my progress a little (I'm usually about 500-750 calories over on that day - so the math says I could lose an extra 1lb every 6 weeks or so if I didn't "cheat") but I tend to think that's what has made this process do-able. I'd rather lose weight slowly in a manor that I can manage forever, then restrict myself to the point of misery. To each their own though. :drinker:
  • terrydell
    terrydell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have had a few rough patches in my two weeks on Advocare challenge. I'm down 9 pounds in that period but it should be more. I'm going to try to limit myself to meals off rather than entire days. It makes sense to me that you should feed your cravings from time to time as well as throw off your body too, but an entire day off just sets me back too far.
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    "Cheat" meals/days work for some, but they just throw me right off.
    I end up wanting MORE, MORE, MORE!

So I save room for one 100 calorie treat each day.....usually a frozen fudge bar or Skinny Cow ice cream.
    Yum! :flowerforyou:
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do cheat days now that i'm in maintenance phase. It helps me keep on track and not feel like I'm restricting myself too much.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat anything, I eat what I want in moderation as long as it fits in my calorie and macro goals.
  • TheGnomeQueen
    Options
    If it fits in my calorie goals, I pretty much eat whatever I want.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I will break all of my rules once a month and it is mainly to stop myself from mythologising the foods that are now verboten.
  • victorialatham330
    victorialatham330 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Think "cheating" is good every so often so you don't get de-motivated by feeling deprived.

I always log the "cheat" food though so I can keep a sense of realism of what i've eaten. I think if you don't log and pretend it never happened you're treading a dangerous track...

Oh - and I've not yet managed to cheat without punishing myself in the gym the next day!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    A "cheat" day would not be a good thing for me. I often have a "cheat" meal or treat but I definitely try to not let the entire day be a free for all.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I just started about 6 weeks ago trying to be healthier. I've banished all junk food from the house but after about 4 weeks we went out for a meal and I didn't worry about what I ate. I now plan to do this about once a fortnight. I'd rather have to go out to have unhealthy food than having them in the house. It seems to be working well for me so far so I'm going to stick with that. I have sweet treats every day but they are yoghurts or fruit so still pretty healthy stuff.
  • ghostdivatonya
    ghostdivatonya Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't have "Cheat Days" I have 2 FREE Days. Cheating is never a good thing. lol

I usually do Friday and Saturday. So I can go have cocktails and eat out at restaurants. It helps reboost my metabolism. I don't binge or anything. Just free days that usually have a cheeseburger in the mix lol I am mindful of what I am eating. Still do portion control. Free days for me!