What things do you refuse to log?

Options

Replies

• iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Multi vits and gum. I just keep a mental note of 50-100 cals per day for those. Seems like a lot, but it's fairly accurate for me. When I'm not eating or sleeping I'm chewing gum.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't log is basic seasonings like salt, pepper, and powdered garlic. Albeit, I am thinking I should start measuring and logging the garlic, because I know that it is slightly high in carbs.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm in Vegas this weekend and I'm not logging how much I drank Friday night lol...mostly cuz I have no idea. I tried to be good. I really did! :-)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I generally don't log things that are very low in calories unless I weigh or measure them. For example, I often flavor veggies by splashing a little chicken broth over them before cooking. An entire cup of the broth contains only 10 calories and I don't use anywhere near that much. Without measuring I could log only a very rough estimate of calories, and even if I do measure, the resulting data point would be small enough to get lost in the rounding error of just about anything else I eat that day. So why bother?
  • captndalton
    captndalton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I log unsweeted tea and coffee as water... and I don't log exercise.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't log exercise as it would take forever to log all my weight training.
  • AllyTheguineapig
    Options
    I don't log house cleaning or other daily activities. I feel like it shouldn't be considered working out. I also don't log my tea (unsweetened). I try to log everything else.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Spices, salt/pepper, herbs (fresh parsley, basil). Just because I put them on everything, and my diary would be pages and pages long and I'd be spending even more time here!

I do log plain tea, because I count it as water and it reminds me where I'm at for fluid intake.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I never log diet sodas, gum, or mustard. I also usually forget about water XD
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything but I don't worry about accuracy with spices or low density vegetables (I'll guesstimate on salad stuff most of the time rather than weighing).

Ditto.
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Food wise I log anything I know will have an impact. I drink black tea/coffee these days so dont log those but if I have white I will. I dont log the odd glass of dilute juice though I should but seldom drink it. It makes up for the menial activities I do that I dont bother logging. Stuff like tidying, cleaning or so on.
  • hazypea
    hazypea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wine :-) xx
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My morning black coffee and my evening rooibos tea with a slice of lemon.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I don't log vitamins/supplements or spices used while cooking.
    Regarding exercise, I don't log anything that isn't a dedicated (for lack of a better word) workout (i.e., I won't log walking the dog or carrying laundry up & down stairs :)
    I log vitamins because I track nutrients on MFP, not just calories. Vitamins drastically change the overall picture even though it has no effect on calories.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I do log my cardio and strength training. I work very hard at my weight training, and if it breaks me out in a sweat, I am definitely burning some calories. Just look for the settings in the cardio data base.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Tea, gum, spices, vitamins...
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't log are spices. I log all food and drink (even non-calorie) so that I can assess my progress later. Like, I'm going through a stall right now. Ahhhhhh, I can actually go back and know exactly what I'm eating and drinking and try to figure out if it is just my body taking a short break or if I have done something to slow down my progress.

When you fail to log alcohol calories, you are not at all being honest with yourself. If that's the case, what's the point of logging at all?
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Refuse? That's a bit of a strong word. No-one is forcing me to log anything... I CHOOSE to log everything (within as much accuracy as is reasonable)...

Maybe, when I attain my holy grail weight... then I may choose NOT to log, and trust that I am capable of guessing what will be my maintainable allowance.

But I don't feel that I need to rebel against a free app, and an act of free will!

I addressed the use of the word "refuse" in a previous comment. I posted this early and hadn't consumed any coffee yet. The brain wasn't awake enough at that point to come up with a different word! Give a girl a break! Geez! ;)