"Ice Cream" Recipe!

Options
Awesome "ice cream" recipe! 2 frozen bananas + 2 tablespoons of Peanut butter & Company Dark chocolate dream peanut butter in a food processor. I completely blend the frozen bananas and then add the peanut butter and blend it for a split second so it makes a "fudge swirl". Then I put in back in the freezer for a little bit. Makes 2 servings. Tastes amazing!

Replies

• MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That sounds good!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream should never have to be in quotation marks.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

What do you mean? It's not ice cream, but it tastes an awful lot like it... Hence the quotes. :huh:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Could never figure this one out.....tastes like mashed banana's to me, but then again I do have an ice cream machine.:happy:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

What do you mean? It's not ice cream, but it tastes an awful lot like it... Hence the quotes. :huh:

You know what I eat that tastes just like Ice cream?

Wait.

Wait.

Ice cream.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. I have bananas in the freezer right now. I will try this this week. Thanks for the idea!

Congratulations to the prior posters for achieving their goals.
  • annapcc
    Options
    You guys don't have to be rude! She is just trying to spread the word about something yummy she made! Eat your ice cream, then!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

You know what I eat that tastes just like Ice cream?

Wait.

Wait.

Two Ingredient Pancake.

:P
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Or, instead of the peanut butter and chocolate, you could add the chocolate PB2. Two tablespoons is only 45 calories...and it's delicious.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Could never figure this one out.....tastes like mashed banana's to me, but then again I do have an ice cream machine.:happy:

Heh
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I think this would be really awesome on ice cream. Thanks for this. :flowerforyou:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I think this would be really awesome on ice cream. Thanks for this. :flowerforyou:

I chuckled at this.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    But, but... ice cream...
  • elephant_in_the_room
    Options
    Awesome "ice cream" recipe! 2 frozen bananas + 2 tablespoons of Peanut butter & Company Dark chocolate dream peanut butter in a food processor. I completely blend the frozen bananas and then add the peanut butter and blend it for a split second so it makes a "fudge swirl". Then I put in back in the freezer for a little bit. Makes 2 servings. Tastes amazing!
    Works also without the peanut butter and even without the chocolate. Just bananas.
    Tastes like mashed bananas except that when it's frozen, it tastes much more like ice cream. And by the way, simply don't expect a particular taste, it's a delicious healthy creamy dessert.
    It will also work with lots of other fruits, so I have been told, though I think that bananas give just the right consistency. I did bananas and strawberries together the other day.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You guys don't have to be rude! She is just trying to spread the word about something yummy she made! Eat your ice cream, then!

It's whatever! This is a DIET website. If people would rather eat real ice cream then so be it. Didn't hold a gun to anyone's head... Thanks though girl!
  • TheTratz
    TheTratz Posts: 6 Member
    Options

This sounds considerably more healthy than actual ice cream. Far fewer empty calories. Sure there's some sugar in here but it's mostly the bananas or break down of the peanut butter. I'd do this much more comfortably over a spoonful of vanilla!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, you may like the Yonanas machine. I haven't tried it, but I've been tempted. It apparently makes a great texture.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I saw this on blogilates.com and I am keen to try it, maybe with Nutella instead of peanut butter... hmmm... Thanks for the recipe again :)
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot with just bananas and a splash of milk, but one time I added cinnamon and it was really good also. Gonna try peanut butter next, yum!
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options

It's whatever! This is a DIET website. If people would rather eat real ice cream then so be it. Didn't hold a gun to anyone's head... Thanks though girl!

This is NOT a diet website.... it is whatever you want it to be. First of all it should be a website to learn to eat healthy.

However, you are not supposed to put back in the freezer food that has been previously frozen. Freezing the banana twice may be bad for you. You could use fresh banana maybe?