At what point do I change my loss per week goal?

Options
OK so I have already lost a total of 131 lbs and am 9 lbs from my goal weight. I currently have my loss per week set up for 1 lb per week, but I have been thinking that maybe I should change it to .5 lbs per week to get my body ready for maintenance mode??? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I changed when I was within 10 lbs of my goal. It has worked for me.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I don't have a yea or nay on this, but I just wanted to say congratulations and way to go! You've lost 131 pounds! That's wonderful!

:bigsmile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    #1, you rock. Wow. You've lost a St. Bernard. Woo hoo!

#2, I adjusted down when my old regimen quit working. When you get really lean it gets harder, and you have to change it up. I'm still figuring it out.
  • relicsloft
    relicsloft Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i have never thought of this before... but it seems the best you can prep your body to maintain in the weight range you want to stay in, the better you will do staying there... you seem to already have concern for this and so your ahead of the game and you have done so well, and now you know you CAN do this... so it might take time to figure out but you know your gonna do it!!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. It's gonna be much harder to lose those last 10 lbs so I wouldn't go down to 1/2 lb yet. When you get to your goal, go down to 1/2 before you switch to maintenance so that your body can get comfortable at that weight for a while.
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i have just changed to maintenance mode and i'm finding that i'm quite uncomfortable with the extra calories... is that silly?
    its just that sticking to 1200 cals a day for so long and then suddenly being allowed 1350 i feel like i'm eating too much and that im going to put weight back on again! so good idea to prepare your body, your thinking ahead thats great!