cheesy cauliflower soup recipe?

Options
bakerbecky4733
bakerbecky4733 Posts: 26 Member
Hi all....I just joined and am looking to the experts for some help. Does anyone have a good cauliflower soup recipe? I love soup...it is filling and easy to take to work. I also love cheese...LOL!!

Replies

• Queen8shaq
    Options
    bump for later
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I made some the other day.

Haven't eaten it yet thou. We will be having it tomorrow.

I never follow recipes but I do weight the ingredients and log calories

Onion
    1 or 2 clove garlic
    1 head cauliflower
    1 carrot
    1 potato

I first chop an onion and shred some garlic. Dice the potato and carrot.

Fry the onion for two minutes in olive oil, you only need a small amount

Then add the potato, carrot and garlic and stir. Heat over lowest setting with lid on so it sweats, stiring frequently for 5 minutes.

Boil some water and add 1 cube vegetable stock.

Add the cauliflower to the soup and give it a minute. Pour in enough stock to cover the cauliflower but not too much. Leave for twenty minutes. Stock contains a lot of salt so if seasoning, just add pepper.

When cauliflower, carrot and potato are mushy liquidize them.

Now - cheese!

If you're like me the cheese is the best part. This time I used some reduced fat cheddar and emmental. Both bought already grated.
    It doesn't taste cheesy enough so I'm thinking of adding a hard powdered cheese with a strong flavour, or just use more regular cheese and spend another 20 mins on the treadmill !! ;)

Anyway return to heat and stir until cheese melted. If you want to add a little 1% milk to thin it out and make it creamier do it now

Ta da....

That's my recipe anyway. It worked out to 85kc per 200ml.

Yum yum
  • lostsouls65
    lostsouls65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just made this soup now, swapped the potatoe for sweet potatoe and its delicious, thanks for sharing
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Glad you liked it.

I love soup. It's so good for you and great to eat before a meal, it helps me consume less afterwards.
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    yummy! bump
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I made some and didn't follow a recipe. First, I make a roux with the butter, flour, and milk. At the same time, I sautee a little garlic and an onion. Once the roux is bubbling, I add some milk and some chicken stock or broth. (I don't use cream because of the calories, but I do use butter for the flavor). Once the soup mixture starts bubbling, I add the chopped onion and garlic mixture, some pepper, some spices, and then I add in cauliflower florets. I let it cook for a few minutes and then I puree the mixture in my vitamix. I add in more cauliflower florets and let it cook. I taste the mixture and spice/salt it up. I don't add a lot of extra salt to my foods. I do add a touch of nutmeg (an old friend tells me it helps cut the gas). Then, I serve it up with cheese on top.

I served that recipe to company about a year ago (and I don't recall all of the spices I used), and they loved it. Said it was great soup. It wasn't heavy or fattening. The mixture of the milk and the chicken broth/stock was flavorful and lower calorie.
  • Spamcat
    Spamcat Posts: 45
    Options
    bump