"Ice Cream" Recipe!

Options

Replies

• kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You're not supposed to re-freeze meat that has been previously frozen. Refreeze your bananas... they're fine.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    some people are just so rude it's downright disgusting !! don't comment if you're going to hate...no-one is forcing you to try the recipe so hush up.

and never trie the recipe, might have to give it a go !!
  • lunnay
    lunnay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Tried the blended frozen bananas on their own with a little cinnamon, they were delicious.
    Tried it with Nutella, maybe I added too much Nutella, couldn't eat it - way too sweet.
    Tried it with strawberries (1/3 cup pieces per 1.5 bananas) and heavy cream (2 tbsp per 1.5 bananas), and it was awesome. :) Healthy (not a lot of cream, and you can reduce it if you want), great texture, very strawberry-y.
  • htiafyenaffit
    htiafyenaffit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Meow people are so catty :p

But forreal this stuff is amazing Ive made popsicles with a simialr recipe

yeah you can still eat icecream but you can have like 3x as much with these recipes and thats What I want lol I want more :p
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas with a little non dairy milk and protein powder, with added vanilla or cinnamon and sweetener is also great.
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    We've made a few variations of this and it always turns out great. The last one used PB2 and frozen cherries - my son calls it peanut butter and jelly freeze. Cocoa powder goes nicely with it too...or frozen blackberries, or almond butter, or a little bit of vanilla extract...loads of yummy possibilities. Good on you OP!
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for alternatives! I was sucked into the Food Industry's salt, sugar and fat machine and every time I find replacements/alternatives that taste good to me I become even more healthy.

Putting ice cream in quotes was a great way to describe it. I think people are trying to say they don't need alternatives because they just eat the real thing but in limited quantities, but we are all different and some of us need things like this.

There is no excuse for them being rude, perhaps it's the sugar crash from the "real" ice cream that has put them in a bad mood ;)

Thank you for the great idea!
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    My kids and I have that Often. I use a banana, frozen as well, scoop of pb and a splash of almond milk. Depending on mood we may sprinkle.cinnamon or put some chocolate chips in it. It is delicious!!

Never thought of the flavored on...great idea!!!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awesome "ice cream" recipe! 2 frozen bananas + 2 tablespoons of Peanut butter & Company Dark chocolate dream peanut butter in a food processor. I completely blend the frozen bananas and then add the peanut butter and blend it for a split second so it makes a "fudge swirl". Then I put in back in the freezer for a little bit. Makes 2 servings. Tastes amazing!

... I wish I liked Banana's :(

I switched from ice cream to Chobani Raspberry chocolate vanilla Yogurt.
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My kids and I have that Often. I use a banana, frozen as well, scoop of pb and a splash of almond milk. Depending on mood we may sprinkle.cinnamon or put some chocolate chips in it. It is delicious!!

Isn't it nice to give your kids something good for them that feels so indulgent without any guilt? My 7 year old still gets the real thing but he loves the healthy alternative just as much.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I came here because I saw the words Ice Cream!
  • ladyjh578
    Options
    Frozen bananas with a little non dairy milk and protein powder, with added vanilla or cinnamon and sweetener is also great.

Why didn't I think of that??!!??!!
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You guys don't have to be rude! She is just trying to spread the word about something yummy she made! Eat your ice cream, then!

It's whatever! This is a DIET website. If people would rather eat real ice cream then so be it. Didn't hold a gun to anyone's head... Thanks though girl!

You continue to do what you do. Those people who want to be nasty are just "Haters"! I am thinking this is a great dessert substitute and I THANK you for posting it.
  • lavender91
    Options
    I used to make this for my daughter when she was smaller. Only I added a big slosh of homemade nut milk and some carob powder, a dash of honey, and blended the heck out of it. Can't remember the exact amounts, must dig out the recipe again, but it was bloody lovely.

Ok, it isn't ice cream, but it's cold, smooth, sweet and healthy. What's not to like :)
  • ladyjh578
    Options

Isn't it nice to give your kids something good for them that feels so indulgent without any guilt? My 7 year old still gets the real thing but he loves the healthy alternative just as much.

It does feel great especially when they would prefer this over store bought. We have an ice cream maker but with a recipe this simple and loved we don't even have to dirty it :-) my girls are 6 & 9 so it is definitely.KID APPROVED!!!
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    what is PB2?
  • bdhu2001
    bdhu2001 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome "ice cream" recipe! 2 frozen bananas + 2 tablespoons of Peanut butter & Company Dark chocolate dream peanut butter in a food processor. I completely blend the frozen bananas and then add the peanut butter and blend it for a split second so it makes a "fudge swirl". Then I put in back in the freezer for a little bit. Makes 2 servings. Tastes amazing!

Now you have me looking up Company Dark chocolate dream peanut butter. It sounds delicious. I'll have to grab it and try the recipe. Thanks.
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Seems like some folks have not learned how to play fair in the sandbox Lets remember not to be rude, if you don't like something then just let it go.
    The receipe sounds great, I tried it with cherries but not PB. Will try tomorrow.
  • AprilAye
    AprilAye Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds SUPER DELICIOUS!! What kind of food processor do you have?

P.S. Haters are going to hate, it means you're doing something right. And for those of you who are being rude, put yourself in other people's shoes. Making changes aren't easy and what if that negative statement caused somebody to take a step back? if you don't like something there are better ways of say that or just don't say anything. We're here to motivate and help, not put down and reject.
  • linxus
    linxus Posts: 87
    Options
    EDIT: Oops, wrong thread!