Best scale?

Options
Alot of you are talking about losing .5 lbs, I think I'm gonna have to get me a different scale. Mine is digital but doesn't show 1/2 lbs. Also, I weighed again today in two different spots in the house (both on large tile floors) and it was about two lbs different, what the heck? Anybody have any reccomendations on a good scale that don't cost like $1000? LOL

Replies

• ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I need a new scale too. but everyone always recommends a weight watchers scale.
  • beezlebubb
    beezlebubb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale from Bed Bath and Beyond that was probably around $25 that has worked great for 4 years. The brand is health-o-meter (not sure if there are actually dashes in the name, sorry!)

Obviously it has held up well against my abuse, haha!
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i recently got a weight watchers scale from bed bath and beyond because a lot of people recommended the brand. to me it's just a scale that has the glass top which looks cool. I read reviews on it first and it seems like its quality made.
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    We got a Withings scale from Amazon.com. It is digital, syncs to MFP, and also gives your BMI. When you first get the scale you sign up on their site and put in your height, age and all that good stuff. The scale takes it from there. Now it knows my husband, son and me by our weights. As we are losing weight it can still keep track of us individually.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I got a Weight Watchers scale from Briscoes. It's really super accurate when it's on a hard surface. This place I'm at the bathroom floor is tiled, but my last place it was lino and I had to put it on a paving stone I brought indoors to the bathroom. It shows weight, muscle, fat, water and bone density.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    We got a Withings scale from Amazon.com. It is digital, syncs to MFP, and also gives your BMI. When you first get the scale you sign up on their site and put in your height, age and all that good stuff. The scale takes it from there. Now it knows my husband, son and me by our weights. As we are losing weight it can still keep track of us individually.
    hmm im gonna look into this one
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't know which scale is "best" but I have the one below and I like it. It measures pounds of fat, percentage of fat, percentage of water, percentage of bone, and BMI. You can also set different profiles for different users.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/13059-conair-weight-watchers-glass-body-analysis-scale.html
  • chrissyheuring
    Options
    I got my EatSmart scale from Amazon. It works great, is very accurate and the reviews from others on the site were amazing. So far it's been great for me! And it measures in decimals as well - last week I lost 1.2 lbs, and I definitely earned that .2! :)
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Conair Weight Watchers scale and it seems fine, but the weight fluctuates so much, even if you get on and off. It's on hardwood. Does it give you warning when the batteries need to be replaced?
    I also tried as with my old number scale, to put a 10lb weight on it to test accuracy and it wont read it. I tried 2 5 lb, one 10lb. and it will just stay on 0.

Part of me wants an old fashioned, non-digital scale and I might get one to just see if they are the same.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a digital glass scale. Taylor is the brand. Bought it at Costco. it is always accurate. No matter how many times I get on and off it reads the same. No matter where I move it in my house, etc.
  • debraran1
    Options
    Like this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Glass-Chrome-Digital-Scale/dp/B0000E2PEI

It's just frustrating...I'll take the lower number to keep motivation, but I don't ever remember my old scales (non-digital) moving around like that. I thought they might be better though so I got the WW one.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have the weight watchers scale. have had it for years!! - I have had both the glass top and standard silver / black. The glass one was NOT accurate and fluctuated extremely so i returned it..The standard I have used faithfully!!. It measures everything and keeps track of it if you set yourself up on it. You do not need to enter anything if you just want weight. For body fat etc you have to.
    While I am thinking of replacing it soon - it is only because I have had it so long I am afraid it will begin to be inaccurate LOL however so far it is and has been pretty spot on - only off from drs. maybe by a tiny fraction.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

I got a Withings scale as well. I really wanted it to work because of the link to MFP but I had to send it back. It read 2 lbs lighter than I actually was (verified weight from bodpod). Whe it was nice seeing an instant 2 lbs drop when it synced with MFP, I could not accept that. And the body fat numbers are waaayyyy off. Again, I know my bF% from the bodpod, so I had a good reference.

My cheapo bed bath and beyond digital scale is .9 lbs heavy and is always .9 lbs heavy and it didn't cost $150 so I kept it.
  • jolene_ca
    Options
    Like this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Glass-Chrome-Digital-Scale/dp/B0000E2PEI

It's just frustrating...I'll take the lower number to keep motivation, but I don't ever remember my old scales (non-digital) moving around like that. I thought they might be better though so I got the WW one.

That is very similar to mine. I love it.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    HealthOMeter Physician Balance Beam Scale

I have the EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale. It's okay...
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i recently got a weight watchers scale from bed bath and beyond because a lot of people recommended the brand. to me it's just a scale that has the glass top which looks cool. I read reviews on it first and it seems like its quality made.

I hope yours is better than mine... Mine SUCKS... It has a 2-5 Ib difference throughout my bathroom... It worked great (I think) for the first year, then NOTHING but problems after that for the last 4+ years... Luckily, mom just brought over a spring/dial Health O' Meter Professional scale and it's great... I don't think I'll ever do digital again as they fluctuate all over the place because of uneven floors in your house... Ugh... :sad: :huh:
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We have the fitbit Aria. It is like the Withings scale already mentioned. It syncs via wi-fi to MFP and fitbits's website. Can't cheat when it syncs like that!

The body fat percentage will fluctuate based on water intake, as it uses electro-impedance. But as you develop a history of measurements, you can see a pattern and that is what matters to me!
    FWIW, I've done some of the measurement bf% calculators, and they are right in line with what my Aria reports.
  • debraran1
    Options
    My WW silver/glass model said I was one weight when I first went on this morning, got off, back on, same weight. Then spent 1 minute starting the coffee machine, got on again, 1.1 pounds lighter and that stuck for the next 3 times I got on within 10 minutes.
    I guess it's not a huge deal, but this is why I stopped weighing years ago but I never gained this much weight...I want to keep an eye on it.
    I suppose buying a regular quality non-digital scale might be worth it to see it they are the same.
    I do realize 1-2 fluctuations are normal, sometimes more, but it shouldn't change that amount in 5-10 minutes and it's been doing that.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have a health o meter scale from walmart. It was about $25 and it is the "trend tracker" one. It is nice since it tracks in .2 pound increments. I haven't had problems with it and I have had it for a couple years.

I also have an older analog scale, which is says I weigh about 5 pounds less than the digital...so I go by the digital to be "safe".

I am thinking of buying a new scale when I hit my goal of 20 pounds lost.
  • jolene_ca
    Options
    I also replaced my old analog with a digital scale. I was so disappointed the analog had been "lying" and telling me I was 3lbs lighter. lol