Just starting out

Options
My wife and I are working together to get healthy. We have joined the local Y, and plan on exercising 4-5x a week, twice a week together in group classes. We have started tracking our meals and snacks using myfitnesspal, and are looking to support each other through this new journey.
We have a 16mo old and want her to learn good habits as she grows!!

Replies

• OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yay to you and your wife! My husband and I have been doing MFP and YMCA together for the past couple of months. It is so much easier to change your lifestyle when everybody is working together! Have you joined ActivTrax at the Y? It is free with your Y membership. It makes it easy to add resistance training to your exercise program. It is not quite as flexible as MFP, but both my husband and I are noticing major differences in our muscle tone. I have started tracking my lean body mass and percentage of body fat. It has been a real eye opener. The good news is that when I am not seeing satisfaction on the scale, I am seeing it in drops in my BF% and LBM. Good luck to you and your wife!
  • rrice172
    rrice172 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.... feel free to add me.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome to an amazing site .......wishing you much success .......please feel free to add me :smile:
  • Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    I am glad that you and your wife are able to do this together, I wish all of you the best of luck,
    add me if you like- I myself am doing this with a friend...
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! My husband and I are both here on MFP, it's made it easier to have someone to be on your team! He's lost 60+ and is at goal, I'm still working on my goal, and have lost 70.

Feel free to add me if you can commit to log every day and have an open diary.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It is good that you are doing it together. It makes it easier. Good luck with your journey.
  • karahughes89
    Options
    I have a question, I see alot if yall's pics sayin you just joined like a month ago and have already lost alot of weight. How are yall doin it lol?? do you workout everyday, 3 times a week, are yall doing your own thing, goin to a gym, or workout videos?? Im in the 170s alot of fat from gaining 50 lbs during pregnancy and I seem to find it very hard to get it off . I really thought it was goin to be easy because my friends that were pregnant with me are all skinny now. when i started in jan ive only lost 5 lbs but havent really worked out just have been doin zumba twice a week for the past month. I did join a gym in jan but that only stuck for a couple weeks then i got discouraged goin by myself. Ive been lookin into workout videos but i start one and then move to the next and pretty much just keep looking instead of stickin with one. I thought doing it at home would be better for me since i never wanted to drive to workout but i seem to put it off alot. I do get in moods sometimes to wanna workout, like the other day i did zumba, another 25 min workout, then yoga, but today i cant seem to make myself get up and do one hint thats why im on here. How do i make myself get up and workout?
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My husband and I are working together to change our bad habits. He is not on MFP, but we work on the nutrition part together and we are really active and work out together. We have set some goals together, a triathlon, a climb (mountain). It's brought us even closer together than we were before.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I weight 171 and am 5'3. I started working out a half hour a day, doing anything from fitness video's, to walking, to the gym, etc.... Now I am in love with fitness and workout anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours a day. Videos, the gym, walking, jogging, running, rock climbing, swimming, biking, hiking. Just move, and move more daily ;) Feel free to add me if you'd like. My diary is open to friends and I have posted monthly my fitness schedule and will post when I do things other than that.
  • pabigwood
    pabigwood Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I logged all my food for the first time into mfp today!!!. Went to the Y for a workout... My daughter isn't used to us leaving her anywhere, so we only got in 15 minutes before we were paged... Hoping that each day she'll last a little longer so that we can get a full workout in! lol