simple question which one should i eat

Options
Flat bread or whole wheat bread?

Replies

• Nigelfightingfit
    Nigelfightingfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Whole weat every time, far tastier and lovely toasted with cherry tomatoes, a clove of garlic & mushrooms all fried (yes i did say fried) in about 5ml of extra virgin olive oil Yumm Yumm Yumm one of my favourites. A good breakfast :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Flat bread or whole wheat bread?

I would choose whichever one you prefer to eat, assuming you have the calorie space for it.
  • 1GeorgiaPeach
    Options
    Thanks that sounds good @nigeladam69 I will have to try that

Is one better for you? @sidesteel?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Flat bread can be made from whole wheat too.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

I think whole wheat probably holds more nutrition wise but flat bread takes up less "presence" (for lack of better phrasing) on your plate so I expect it's probably much of a muchness as long as it fits in your calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm with SideSteel. Which do you prefer?

I don't look at each individual item I eat and ask myself, "Is this the absolute most healthiest thing I can ever possibly eat?" It's just one tiny part of the whole picture that includes the entire meal, the entire day, the entire week, the entire month, etc. etc. etc.

I eat thick crust pizza at least once a week. Are there "healthier" alternatives? Sure, but would I enjoy them as much? No. And it still fits in my overall goal, so it's not doing one lick of harm.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Whichever one has the most fiber and no refined grains. period.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Flat bread can be made from whole wheat too.

Exactly. This is like asking "which car should I drive, a Ford or a red one?"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you don't have access to the nutritional content, I'd go for the "whole wheat". The flat bread might be quite nutritious, but like wraps, those are sometimes not.

If you have access to the nutritional information on it go for the one with the most fiber, fewest ingredients, most "whole grain".
  • SideSteel
    Options

Whether or not one is better than the other really depends on your entire diet. I'm going to make the assumption that this item occupies a very, very small portion of your entire diet. As such, I would just pick which one tastes better.

If you eat an entire loaf of bread per day, or 12 of these flat breads, then the differences between the two might be more significant.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Either 1) eat which one tastes better to you or 2) look at the labels on both packages and compare and decide which one you want to eat from there.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Read the nutrient content of both to see which gives more protein, iron, etc. for the calories. Neither sounds particularly unhealthy but also check the ingredients if you are concerned about trans fats (partially hydrogenated oils), added sugar or corn syrup, preservatives, etc. etc. Some "whole wheat" bread has crap ingredients, some are great.

Generally speaking, something made processed white flour isn't as healthy as whole wheat flour.As someone else said, you can get whole wheat flatbread.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'm with SideSteel. Which do you prefer?

I don't look at each individual item I eat and ask myself, "Is this the absolute most healthiest thing I can ever possibly eat?" It's just one tiny part of the whole picture that includes the entire meal, the entire day, the entire week, the entire month, etc. etc. etc.

I eat thick crust pizza at least once a week. Are there "healthier" alternatives? Sure, but would I enjoy them as much? No. And it still fits in my overall goal, so it's not doing one lick of harm.

Just QFT :smile:
  • 1GeorgiaPeach
    Options
    If you don't have access to the nutritional content, I'd go for the "whole wheat". The flat bread might be quite nutritious, but like wraps, those are sometimes not.

If you have access to the nutritional information on it go for the one with the most fiber, fewest ingredients, most "whole grain".

That's what I ment "wraps" at my house we call them flat bread so stay away from wraps?
  • SideSteel
    Options

That's what I ment "wraps" at my house we call them flat bread so stay away from wraps?

You don't need to stay away from wraps.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: Eat the one you like.
  • 1GeorgiaPeach
    Options
    Well everyone is telling me to eat the one I like I just figured one was more healthier then the other Thanks guys!
  • gkozub
    gkozub Posts: 22
    Options
    Whichever one has the most fiber and no refined grains. period.

Exactly.
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options

The issue isn't the form of the bread or wrap. It's the content. The wrap MAY be better for you than the whole wheat bread. The bread may be better than the wrap. Only the ingredients and nutritional information can tell you that. Without that information, none of us can say which is better! Thus, if you don't have that information to give us, then just eat whichever you like better. Hope that helps a bit.
  • 1GeorgiaPeach
    Options

The issue isn't the form of the bread or wrap. It's the content. The wrap MAY be better for you than the whole wheat bread. The bread may be better than the wrap. Only the ingredients and nutritional information can tell you that. Without that information, none of us can say which is better! Thus, if you don't have that information to give us, then just eat whichever you like better. Hope that helps a bit.

Yes that does thanks a ton! :)