Plus-size fitness clothing

Options
Hi, I am obese and I am having a very difficult time trying to find plus-size workout clothing. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You can try some of these:

Women within.com
    I buy my swim suits here. they have sweats, I am not sure what you want.
    Lands End.com
    I've seen some at Sears also

http://www.lanebryant.com/active/view-all/20230c20233/index.cat?sid=PSLB:MSN:plus_size_gym_clothing&mcid=PPC&utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MSN+PPC

good luck
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    another thing When I first started I just wore a t-shirt and shorts You should be able to find those in the stores real soon. :)
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sorry for it sounding rude, but how obese?

My cousin is a 4X and I was a 3X, we both found workout gear at Walmart. :) I don't care how "cheap" the stuff is, I don't plan on wearing that size for very long anyway. :):):)

I would also check out thrift stores! You never know!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I was big I got a sports bra from walmart and wore it under baggy shirts and comfy pants. I think the most important thing is that they aren't flapping around smacking you in the face!

I have a bigger friend who is 250lbs and she wears the built in bra tops from walmart too but she doesn't have big boobs.
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree that Woman Within has a selection; I think my daughter has bought some things from them. I think Lane Bryant is kind of pricey, just my opinion.

I personally love Land's End and their t-shirts.

Walmart online actually has some good things to choose from and I love the prices. I have a few of their Danskin items, which are surprisingly less expensive on Walmart and the quality is excellent.

Also, Roaman's at http://www.roamans.com. I like Raoman's leggings.

I think we've gotten some things from Jessica London. Avenue is ok but not the greatest.

Hope this helps. These forums are like magic to get some good information! Good luck!!
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has plus sized fitness clothing available online. If it doesn't fit you can return for free.
  • witchblade
    witchblade Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I take a 3x and 4x.
  • affini12
    affini12 Posts: 25
    Options
    Old Navy and JCPenney's xersion line.
  • witchblade
    witchblade Posts: 11 Member
    Options

My cousin is a 4X and I was a 3X, we both found workout gear at Walmart. :) I don't care how "cheap" the stuff is, I don't plan on wearing that size for very long anyway. :):):)

I am a 3x and 4x. Thanks.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

I am a 3x and 4x. Thanks.

I don't shop for brand names, so I REALLY like Walmart's section. Besides, who really cares where your workout pants came from as long as you're sweating in them? :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I found walmart's sizing to be horrible for my body back when I was wearing size 16 or equivalent to size L tights here. When I would walk it would fat off and the M was not large enough for my thighs.. they have more than one brand though so sometimes the other ones fit better than their g21 or whatever it's called.

Old Navy is pretty good and their sizes seem to be marketed to make people feel smaller. I also have heard on the forums that people go to Target as well