new to mfp

Options
Hi. iIm Kandy. I'm 52, married 27yrs, have two grown children( Allen25,Charlotte 26) and am new grandma to a wonderful grandson, Silas (6wk old). I've been here 2 weeks and have been able to keep track of so much. I love the support of the people here, and having one place to keep track of food, exercise, etc. It's amaziing how much you really do in a day. Plus my son and fiancee have been working out with me on wii fit. I weigh 288 and can't do much but I workout with them and take a break when I have too. i've lost 6 lbs in 2weeks by watching what I eat, and exercising. I've been heavy all my life. Now I am taking control of my weight, putting myself in God's hands daily and each day I am getting healthier and leaner:) I've tried so many diets and none of them worked. I found out a few years ago I'm a type 2 diabetic. That didn't change anything. This January I had a pacemaker put in and I realized how bad of shape I was in. I want to be around a long time for my family. and with having a new grandson, new light was put on things. This is the time where I'm doing this for myself as well as my family. I'm takeing it one day at a time, Every day I start out asking for God's help to get control over my eating. I want to lose 100+ pounds to get back to my prepregnancy weight of 180lbs (1986). If I lose more than that, only time will tell. I want to be healthy. It's not about the number on the scale, it's how I feel inside. I'll know when I'm at the right weight. Would love to have some new friends on this journey me. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Replies

• OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Kandy. Good for you on taking your life back! My two kids just went off to college this past August. My husband and I decided to combat "empty nest" syndrome, by getting busy changing our diet and fitness level. It has been a wonderful time with lots of success. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Katness1515
    Katness1515 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    God Bless your journey and your health.
  • bobbi_97
    bobbi_97 Posts: 21
    Options
    Glad you have decided to take your life back..and exercising. :flowerforyou:
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided to take back your life! It will take time and effort and doing it right but, it will be so worth it every day and every time you hit a milestone in your journey. You can do this!!!