Getting Stronger!

Options
This is my first NSV. I've been working out for a little over three weeks and started out using 2 and 3 pound hand weights. I could barely make it through the entire Biggest Loser's Beginner's Weight Loss workout with 2 the pund weights when I started. This last week I was able to do the entire workout with 5 pound weights and it was still too easy for some of the moves! So, I bought 7 and 10 pound weights today. I can't believe how quickly I've gotten stronger!

Replies

• missxeve
    missxeve Posts: 40
    Options
    That's what I need to do! I don't do weight training at all :[ I have what I call "Oprah arms". Those big flabby arms that I could fly away with if I shook them hard enough, uggh! Even though I'm in the 160s I still don't wear anything that shows my arms!! After reading this it's motivated me to start strength training. Thanks!
  • sailorsgirl86
    Options
    Same here, I started with tiny pink dumbbells and I just used 14lb dumbbells so I'm pretty happy.
  • kg4ulu
    kg4ulu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats!
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yeah!

This is great to read as I'm doing the 30DS at the moment and I'm only using the poxy 2lb hand weights and I'm struggling lol!

It's good to know I'll soon be getting into the heavier ones :happy:

Well done you! Great NSV
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!