Is it impossible?

Options
2»

Replies

• ellyph
    ellyph Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First response ever -- but you are a rock star!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I am 170cm, and I chose that goal weight because most of my friends who are my age and similar height weigh around 45-50kg. I guess it's the normal weight, isn't it?

No, That is considered severely underweight by the World Health Organization. You are my height. On the lowest end, the recommendation is 55kg (and that is borderline underweight). You are in the healthy weight range right now and how much you chose to lose should depend more on body composition (body fat percentages) than weight.
  • 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options
    I am 170cm, and I chose that goal weight because most of my friends who are my age and similar height weigh around 45-50kg. I guess it's the normal weight, isn't it?

I'm 172cm and my goal is around 60kg to be at mid BMI ... I think 45kg is very low. 71kg should be at the upper range of a healthy BMI for you. I hate to have be one one of those people. But maybe try focussing on toning/strength training and loosing fat and gaining muscle instead?
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Of course its possible!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Do you guys think that it is impossible to lose 26kg/44lbs by summer? That's kind of my main goal right now and I don't wanna get all excited about it and then I won't reach it.

It is possible it's just up to you to put in the hard work, I just finished my tenth month of weight loss ... look at my ticker for results

Also if you want you can read my story here http://vitaminbk.tumblr.com/bradduffy for what I did.
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    your bmi now is 24.6 which is in the healthy weight already for your height and weight, if you want to get down to 45 or 50kg that is underweight for your height. To stay in the normal healthy weight range, your lowest goad would be 55kg, but in my honest opinion, have your fat percentage done, eat healthy and work out to build muscle and define. Doing what you are planning is unhealthy:(
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    At your current weight it is not possible unless you starve yourself. It is also unhealthy. Look around. Do you think 45kg is the norm?

Eat a healthy number of calories, and strength train. I think you will be happier with the process and the results.