What Will You Look Like?

Options
I'm sure all of us imagine what we'll look like when we reach or goals, but how realistic are we?
I have never in a healthy weight range since I was a wee child so when I imagine what I will look like I use what I guess I consider the ideal body shape. But will I have the waist that I want? Or will I look more like Jenna Garner?
How realistic are you when you think of your goal self?
It's a great way to get motivated.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'll look like the skinnier me on the low end of my ticker!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    lol.. This is weird but I got out GIMP (like photoshop but free) and put in a photo of me, then shaved all my sides down to see!! It's a motivational picture!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I think it's definitely good to try and be realistic with your goals. I was so disillusioned when I hit goal because I couldn't believe that I didn't look like all of those people who I'd used as 'thinspiration' - massive deep depression for a good few months because I hadn't magically grown a few inches taller and shaved a few inches from my hip bones!

Anyway, my body type is very similar to Jennifer Lawrence's, and I like that. That's how I want to keep it. It's ok that I'll never be Giselle Bundchen!
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm actually told I'm too skinny so I guess I know. Still have 21 pounds to go.

In the past three years I've lost 140 pounds. And I'm 5' tall. I was as round as I am short.
  • juniperbug1980
    Options
    @Dawnvs1: I'll have to try that, though I can just see myself lengthening my legs, darkening my hair...

@Elle: I hope not to get into that sort of situation. I don't have a clue what I will look like, but I know that I will have excess skin and that stretchmarks are a life long commitment. So it is just a matter of hoping that I have a waist and that I look good in clothes!
  • rowecourt
    rowecourt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was skinnier, I had an odd shape - my hips are high and my sides curved in at butt level. But in clothes, I was pretty much straight up and down, no curves... except for d-cups. I picked myself apart at the time, but I would kill to have myself back that way.
    I didn't have 3 in rolls, and my arms were long and thin, like my legs. I was long and lean.

I picture myself this way. Maybe I've changed shape, after 2 pregnancies...but thinner is always better!!
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    No idea, Ive never been slim or even average before haha!
  • bribear20
    bribear20 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I'll look like. I've always been a chunk butt. All I really care about though is being able to see my feet when standing straight up. That will be my happy body.
  • rtrcarrie
    rtrcarrie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm heading back to where I was a few years ago weight wise. So I think I will look about the same with a few more years on me, a lot less hair (waist length then VERY short now), and not quite as fit. I walked/jogged 30 mins 3 days a week and did moderate Pilates 30 mins 3 days a week back then and just can't do it to the same extent anymore due to arthritic pain. So this time it's light Pilates, stair-stepping, jogging in place, hula hooping, and walking 15-20 mins 4-5 days a week. So not quite as fit, but about the same size.....a 6!
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    One thing I've learned is that you really do have the exact same shape as before, only in a smaller version.
    I always had a relatively small waist compared to my wide hips both when I weighed 183 lbs and now at 127 lbs. I kept the same waist to hip ratio.
    It's probably not the same for everyone though. But I try to be realistic and just imagine my body smaller with less fat.
    I also keep track of my measurements so I know that if I want to lose 5 cm in my waist, it's probably gonna come off from my hips and bust as well.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    not much different, just with a tight, smokin' hot bod ;)
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    i use this: http://www.imagetwinsolutions.com/weightloss/
    it's not going to be 100000% accurate, but it's pretty close(:
  • travelgal59
    travelgal59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ive been thin in the past....distant past so i imagine i will look similar only older. not wanting to be skinny just less fat and more fit.
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    (Prefacing this by saying, despite my ticker, which I started at 0 for my last 15-20 lbs, I have lost 75 pounds).

You're going to look like you, only skinnier. Unless you do some major exercise to change certain target areas, if you're a pear shape you're going to stay a pear shape, if you've got no curves, you still won't have them. I was worried about excess skin, or "squishy" skin, but I lost the weight slow and my skin is tight. I'm very fair and my stretch marks (even the bright red ones from pregnancy) all faded, most of them aren't very noticeable now. But, I still carry my weight in my thighs, butt, and boobs. I was REALLY hoping to lose weight in my boobs when I lost the rest of the weight, but I started in a 40H cup and ended in a 34GG cup, so, yeah - after I reach my goal I'm going to have to seriously consider a reduction because my shoulders are curling forward due to the excess weight.

So, when envisioning your ideal self, it's good to remember that if you've got an hourglass, you're probably never going to have boy hips. If you have boy hips, you're probably never going to have an hourglass. Love your body, just love a little less of it ;)
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    If you go to http://ModelMyDiet.com you can get an idea of your before and after. The models will rotate 360 degrees.

Here are mine. At 306 (starting weight) and 150 (goal weight---will adjust as I get closer)

Model+Before+Front.jpg
    Model+After+front.jpg
  • tweety612013
    Options
    I have a picture of myself with my coworkers about 25 years ago and I weighed 150 and looked good. Since that time I was diagnosed with Lupus and the steroids and other meds I take took over my body and I put on 54 lbs. That is my goal plus 10 lbs so I have a little play in my weight when I have to pulse my steroids for those awful flareups.I was told I can lose the weight but will just come off slower due to the steroids. That is fine. I am a fighter and have been all my life and I will make this happen with the help of my wonderful understanding husband and my family and friends. And of course all of you are very inspirational and helpful as well.
  • cherrym03
    cherrym03 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The thing is you don't actually change that much. It's somehow like you get 'tighter' as time passes by. I remember getting close to my goal and like Elle said earlier, it was frustrating because in my mind, I hadn't changed at all. This may be due to the fact that I don't have a big goal like others do (I want to lose just around 25-30lbs), but seeing other 'skinny people' while in the process of losing weight definitely disturbs your perception of yourself a little bit (or at least for me it did).
    Now that I've gained weight back because I stopped the weight loss process for a few months, I realize how much smaller I had gotten. But at the time I didn't see it. When you grow up as the chubby kid and you're surrounded by people that are naturally thin, you tend to associate your 'thinner self' with what you consider pretty in others. But the truth isn't always there; you're just you, only a little bit smaller. And if you cross that mind barrier, you'll be happy. At least, that's my opinion on it :)

I used the site mentioned by Julie in the previous post, just to see what a 30lbs difference would look like for me (I must mention the fact that I am quite short, about 5'1'')
    Here's side by side; it looks quite ok.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/f4phua.jpg

However, I was shocked to see the difference when I overlayed them. It seems like so little weight comes off!
    http://i49.tinypic.com/i4iohf.jpg

I guess in the end we have to tell ourselves that a scale or our mental image of 'the perfect body' is not always the best indicator of our progress. It's how we truly feel about ourselves. As long as we are happy with who we are, it's all good.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'll hopefully look just like I do now but with a flatter belly and more toned thighs and arms! I'm about 10-12lbs from goal. I've been this thin before so I know what I'll look like, except last time I didn't do strength training.