Kale Shakes?

Options
With my busy work schedule I don't get to eat breakfast very often. I want to try and change that with possibly Kale shakes in the morning. Does anyone know if this is a good way to help me lose weight or if there are possibly easier things to quickly drink down.

And if Kale shakes are a good way does anyone know any good recipes?

Replies

• christianivanka
    christianivanka Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    BEST GREEN SMOOTIE:
    kale
    celery
    cucumber
    parsley
    carrot
    cactus
    ginger
    brocoli
    1/2 apple
    1 lemon
    2 stevias
    8ozwater
    you should freeze your veggies so you dont have to add ice, but this is not a substitue for any meal, you drink this before breakfast and dinner, you will fill so full it will make you eat less

PROTEIN SHAKE:
    8oz water+ice
    1/2 banana
    4 strawberries
    1 scoop vanilla why protein (walmart)
    3 tbs oikos fatfree yogurt
    2 stevias
    1tbs flaxseed
    you can substitute for any meal, it tastes DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck
  • Kelvorn
    Kelvorn Posts: 4
    Options
    BEST GREEN SMOOTIE:
    kale
    celery
    cucumber
    parsley
    carrot
    cactus
    ginger
    brocoli
    1/2 apple
    1 lemon
    2 stevias
    8ozwater
    you should freeze your veggies so you dont have to add ice, but this is not a substitue for any meal, you drink this before breakfast and dinner, you will fill so full it will make you eat less

PROTEIN SHAKE:
    8oz water+ice
    1/2 banana
    4 strawberries
    1 scoop vanilla why protein (walmart)
    3 tbs oikos fatfree yogurt
    2 stevias
    1tbs flaxseed
    you can substitute for any meal, it tastes DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck

How much portions for the Green Smoothie do you think? Like how much Kale and such?
  • tedinger4given
    tedinger4given Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you have a Tropical Smoothie in your area, but they just came out with a green smoothie, Kale, Spinach, mango, pineapple and banana, with splenda is 220 calories, to make it a meal just add a scoop of whey protein. Amazing so they are delicious.
  • Kelvorn
    Kelvorn Posts: 4
    Options
    I dont know if you have a Tropical Smoothie in your area, but they just came out with a green smoothie, Kale, Spinach, mango, pineapple and banana, with splenda is 220 calories, to make it a meal just add a scoop of whey protein. Amazing so they are delicious.

No I dont :( I live in a very small town. But thanks for the suggestion. So I need Protein in it for it to be considered a meal?
  • tedinger4given
    tedinger4given Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not a must have, but it makes it better and more filling, remember protein is a good way to lose weight. I sometimes just drink a protein drink inplace of a meal without it being a smoothie. Remember to drink a lot of water with it. I can get hungry earlier if I dont get enough protein, and dont drink enough water. Thirst will mask hunger sometimes.