Totally disgusted with myself!

Options
Just returned from 6 days in Vegas. My eating has been so out of control to an extreme. I was down to a size 12 last Sept and they felt lose. I weighed 149, so proud to have lost so much weight for my daughter's wedding. I looked fabulous but just didn't appreciate it. Instead I was kicking myself over not having lost that last 4lbs to meet my goal of 145. I regained about 5 to 6 lbs by December and another 2 by January, now totally disgusted with myself.

All of February I was mindlessly, emotionally eating junk food and lots of chocolate. I had to pull out the size 14's to go on vacation and they now felt comfortable. In Vegas I threw caution to the wind and had pancakes for breakfast every morning. I ate mine and finished off what my husband didn't eat yesterday am. Lots of butter. Can't tell you how much chocolate I've been eating. I rationalozed that all the walking I was doing was offseting the calories. Hey my Fitbit said I walked 2,000 calories the 1st day.

In the plane on the way home my 14's started feeling tight. I thought "I'm just bloated". Well I'm home and got on the scale this morning. It said "167". OMG!!!! I've gained 18lbs since last September. I don't know what to do, but need to do something now. Today I'm going to try and take it easy to recover from the trip, detox from all the chocolate (I threw what I had left away). I need to start a plan of action to get back on track. To say I'm disgusted with myself would be putting it mildly..

Here's my plan of action. No more chocolate or junk food. Start counting my calories again and log them Get on the treadmill everyday and work out..

Any suggestions on how to detox all the chocolate and junk food and get back on track? What's a realistic number of calories to eat daily?

I need a shock to my system and this has to stop!!!!! NOW!

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You can't really "shock" or "detox" your body, it's already long since digested and passed the food that put the weight on you.

You had a setback, it sounds like you're already on the right track to get healthier. This is a good thing! So for all the upset, give yourself some credit for seeing the damage and taking steps to correct that.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Don't buy any more chocolate.

Exercise.

Log regularly. Log everything.

And you'll be wiser next time you find yourself thinking 'well, it's a holiday....'
  • optimist49
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, everyone has set backs, you now are on track again. I like to drink lots of tea, there are some detox teas and cinnamon or bilberry tea takes away cravings, at least for me it does. Good luck with staying on track and try not to let one bad day lead to many more. Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's so easily done, I've been there myself, I am determined it will not happen this time. Log everything, drink lots of water and exercise, you know what to do! Good luck x
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I want you to really feel this feeling you have. Remember it. Remember how sh!tty this feeling is. Get back on track and any time you feel tempted to say *kitten* it remember this feeling. I've stayed totally on track for almost six months (including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, new years eve, and valentine's day) by remembering this feeling.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    No punishing your body for past behaviors with cleanses or detoxes or whatever else shocks the system.. Just jump back on track today. Since you just got back from vacation some of that is probably water weight. The rest will come off with good eating and exercise. You can do it!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you like choclate that much, and you cut it out cold turkey, you are setting yourself up for failure when you have your chocolatey cravings. Why not work hard during the week, and reward yourself with a predetermined X ammount of choclate on sunday or saturday? Just don't go overboard, and this way you can lose weight AND eat choclate.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I want you to really feel this feeling you have. Remember it. Remember how sh!tty this feeling is. Get back on track and any time you feel tempted to say *kitten* it remember this feeling. I've stayed totally on track for almost six months (including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, new years eve, and valentine's day) by remembering this feeling.
  • LynneM150
    LynneM150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    drink green tea with lemon in it and take milk thistle. This will help your liver process the over indulgence.we've all been there thats why were all on here! Dont try anything extreme and just take it one day at a time. Good Luck.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You can't really "shock" or "detox" your body, it's already long since digested and passed the food that put the weight on you.

You had a setback, it sounds like you're already on the right track to get healthier. This is a good thing! So for all the upset, give yourself some credit for seeing the damage and taking steps to correct that.

:heart:
  • SvenMagnusson
    Options
    "Blaming the obese for their obesity MAKES NO SCIENTIFIC SENSE"

- Dr. Jeffrey Friedman
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today have been really good days. I got on the scale this morning and found I had lost 3lbs. That made me feel so much better. I found a leftover piece of Godiva chocolate in my purse and pitched it. I even took my daughter to Panera's today to pick up lunch. I got tomato soup which comes with bread, which is a killer for me. That with butter. I gave the bread to my husband and had the soup. I'm feeling better about myself and appreciate the support.

Mary