What if you exercise at night?

Options
I know you're supposed to eat your exercise calories, but what if you exercise at night time? Should you still eat the exercise calories? For example, I just took a walk and MFP is telling me I can eat 500 more calories. It's almost 11PM where I live, so what should I do with those calories since I'm not supposed to be eating too much at night?

Thanks!

Replies

• Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I try enter all of my food and exercise at the start of the day so that I can tweak my food if needed and remain accountable for the exercise I SAY I am going to do!
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    I generally know if I am going to excerise that day, so I just try to add extra calories throughout the day and then when I do excerise at night make sure I hit that number.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I often exercise at night shower and go to bed. If you have the body fat like I do then you can just go to bed but if your with in 30 pds you should try and include it in earlier so you can account for it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I fill out my exercise diary and food diary right after breakfast when I first get to work and I just aim for how many calories I want to burn and spread out my exercise calories throughout the day. Then I can't skimp on my work out 'cause I've already eaten those calories! If I burn more, I can eat a little extra.
  • RewindApril
    Options
    The thing is that I don't know if I'll be able to take the walk at night because I have to walk with someone at night, and sometimes my sister or anyone else isn't available. I only know when the time comes, and then we go walking right away. So I have no way of knowing if I'll exercise that day or not. :(
  • dizzle2209
    dizzle2209 Posts: 10
    Options
    I do the same thing. Typically I know which exercise I will do on each day but sometimes I change it up if I'm too tired. If you feel hungry after your exercise (which I do sometimes when I'm way under), I'd say eat something healthy - like carrots or a peach or some fruit. That way you're eating your calories but not binging on bad food. Or if you're not hungry just take the extra calories and spend it the next day or the next week.