Traveling snacks, help!

kelcro40
kelcro40 Posts: 115 Member
I sometimes find myself in town unable to get home and get hungry between meals. Fruit is out as it is generally too messy. Any ideas? Driving by all the fast food places is so hard. I do pretty well avoiding that kind of junk. Anyway... Ideas?

Replies

• sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    beef jerky is a great one for on the road
  • i always pack a bag of mixed nuts (trader joes raw individual bags are my favorite), grapes are easy to eat on the go, i do eat fruit in my car though, apples, bananas, etc... just keep a bag for disposal and keep your eye on the road.
  • wvgirlnfl
    wvgirlnfl Posts: 30
    I try to keep some peanut butter and crackers with me. Keebler has 190 calories and there are a couple of the energy bars, I like Nature Valley that has the 10 grams of protein. I saw where one of the sisters that won The Biggest Loser carries one of those shakers with protein powder and PB2 with her and then all she has to do is add water to have a protein shake when she has a busy day.
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    I keep stick mozzarella cheese sticks, Kind bars, Clif bars & trail mix handy. It has helped on many days.:smile:
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    TrainSweatEatSleep Posts: 56 Member
    Almond butter sliced banana whole wheat sandwiches!
    DELiCiOUS
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    How about dried fruit?

I keep a supply of food in the car and in my backpack. Nuts, crackers, cereal bars, and dried fruit - if my blood sugar goes really low, I absolutely can't concentrate.