30 DS Having troubles!!

Options
Hey All, I tried doing day 1 of level 1 on 30 ds yesterday, Has anyone else out there not completed everything she is doing in level one? I couldn't make it thru it all and felt horrible about myself :( The jumping jacks seem really hard on the chest area, I'm thinking of investing in a sports bra for over my regular bra, anyone else out there do this, does it help?

Replies

• bethaudrey
    Options
    I just finished, and restarted yesterday, doing all advanced moves and using 5 lb weight for a lot.

When I started, a month ago, no, I could not finish level 1, and I HURT for days after. I'm talking, sitting down on toilet was more like falling onto the seat. LOL.

However, it is SO gratifying to see what changes you can make in your body, in just four weeks, by pushing through.

Just do as much as you can, and then do a few more. ;-) You WILL see changes, and fast.
  • bethaudrey
    Options
    Oh, and yes, layering a sports bra over will help.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt too. I haven't worked out in months and 30DS used to be a breeze for me. I thought I was dying. LOL It's gets easier with time though. Do what you can do for now. Each day gets easier.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    A sports bra is a must!

Just because it says 30 Days, doesn't mean you have to do the programme in 30 days. Do what you can of each exercise and keep going at level 1 until you can get through it and then move on to the next level.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    In each of the levels of 30DS, and also Ripped in 30, there was always at least one move I either couldn't do, or really didn't enjoy. I detest jumping jacks! If I found I really couldnt manage them even for 30 seconds, I'd do something else - jog on the spot at least to keep your heart rate high, if it's a cardio move.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sports bra is a must, I'm an A cup and I always work out in a sports bra.

And it's just 30 seconds of cardio, I've had knee surgery so jumping really really hurts me, I just do something different there, like skaters, butt kicks, or punches. She just wants you to move.

You can do it!
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

When I started, a month ago, no, I could not finish level 1, and I HURT for days after. I'm talking, sitting down on toilet was more like falling onto the seat. LOL.

OMgosh...HAHA This is exactly how I felt day 2-4 ....
  • TaniaB_79
    TaniaB_79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I tried doing day 1 of level 1 on 30 ds yesterday, Has anyone else out there not completed everything she is doing in level one? I couldn't make it thru it all and felt horrible about myself :( The jumping jacks seem really hard on the chest area, I'm thinking of investing in a sports bra for over my regular bra, anyone else out there do this, does it help?

I really struggled with day1 - sore legs the day after so had a 2 rest days and tried again, still couldn't get through the skip rope thing but didn't ache as much the next day, byday 10 I could get through without stopping, have just completed day 10 of level 2. Again can get through without stopping although have to do the Anita moves for some of the plank stuff but definite improvement.

Definitely invest in a sports bra, I had really sore boobs until I did, no problems now!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Instead of the jumping jacks, I would jog in place and then make circle motions with my arms. The jumping jacks would kill my knees. I don't care if Jillian knows 400 pound people that can do them. I don't like being in pain! :tongue:
  • bethaudrey
    Options
    The jumping jacks would kill my knees. I don't care if Jillian knows 400 pound people that can do them. I don't like being in pain! :tongue:

Ditto! I do skaters in place of the high knees. I should try subbing the JJs, too, as my knees still suffer.

I would say do not skip due to soreness. As sore as I was, I still pushed through and felt better after the workout then on the sore day I skipped. Mod if you need to, though.
  • PMDiva
    PMDiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today will be my 3rd day and no I can not do the jumping jacks but I'm going to continue. I'm not sore maybe because I soak in Epson salt in the Jacuzzi.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was *so* sore after the first couple of days - had to walk downstairs backwards because my quads were burning. Just finished Day 10 of Level 1 today and I'm on to Level 2 tomorrow. Do not be afraid to take rest days as needed - Jillian herself has said it wasn't meant to be done 30 days straight through. I'm aiming to do it 5 days out of 7. After the first week, the soreness abated and I'm really enjoying it.
  • n_rockey
    n_rockey Posts: 52 Member
    Options

OMgosh...HAHA This is exactly how I felt day 2-4 ....

So glad it's not just me. My husband snickered when I groaned as I tried to get on and off the toilet this morning. I just started the 30ds 3 days ago. I pretty much do the Anita moves, but even that is rough!
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Instead of the jumping jacks, I would jog in place and then make circle motions with my arms. The jumping jacks would kill my knees. I don't care if Jillian knows 400 pound people that can do them. I don't like being in pain! :tongue:

I use to do the Billy Blanks dvd and he even say's if you are getting tired just move in a walking motion if you need water get some but at all times just keep your body moving at a pace you can do and soon enough you too will be doing high kicks!!! GOOD LUCK!!
    PS--A Sports Bra a MUST I wear 2...
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I struggled through Day 1 as well. Most people do. It perfectly okay! Just keep doing it every day, take the 5 second rests as often as you need, and keep moving forward. It gets easier.
  • starfish1783
    Options
    I felt the exact same way! I did Level 1 for 2 weeks - until I could get through Level 1 with the non-modified versions of the exercises. By the end of 2 weeks, I'm feeling great and starting tomorrow, i'm moving on to Level 2!

It just takes time, but slowly you get stronger. Don't feel bad - no one is expected to be able to do everything right away. Gotta grow somehow ;-)
  • alabamamommy
    Options
    I don't do it everyday, I alternate with long, brisk walks or Yoga Meltdown or Zumba. Just started the 3rd level of 30DS and thought I was going to die. Limped for several days :)

I have learned to do what you can. If the jumping jacks kill you do butt kicks instead, just keep up with some sort of cardio until you can do what she suggests. My first day of level 3 was HORRIBLE...but the next time I tried it (a few days later) it was easier. Not MUCH easier, but easier. Keep it up, don't be discouraged!
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sports bra YES! or even wearing one on top of your regular bra...
    This is my second round of this (plus other Jillian dvds) and I STILL cannot do all the jumping jacks! Just keep moving to keep your heart rate up, that's the main thing; even if you just walk in place! Do the best you can and don't give up! I still do modified push ups, but now i can do them really good! :-) And if you have to stay on a level for longer than 10 days, who cares? like Jillian says "it's YOUR workout!" :-)