How to log hulahooping?

Hello everybody and happy Sunday! I absolutely LOVE hulahooping, and although it's not equivalent to a six mile run I can manage a pretty small hula hoop for a solid hour or longer and it's a good way to get in excercise while watching tv or something! The thing is, I set my activity level to sedentary so I don't have to feel pressured to work out every day but I can log the excercise that I specifically know I'm doing each day, and I know hulahooping burns calories, but it's not a choice for excercise!:( does anyone log hulahooping under something they know is equivalent or does anyone have any suggestions? Much appreciated!

Replies

• oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    i looked it up since i am thinking about starting, hulahoop and pilates are almost identical in calorie burn, so just log it under pilates. good luck:wink:
  • That's so cool how did you figure that out? Thankyou so much!
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    wii hullahoop is in the log thinggy lol not sure if its comparable or not :S
  • maybe its low impact cardio
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    just looked up on net how many calories used with hulahoop and noticed it was the same as my pilates for same time. i read a long time ago that using a hulahoop was considered one of the best excercises for the waist. i am glad you reminded me of it.
  • rhonifit
    rhonifit Posts: 17
    Thanks for the reminder too... my hoop is still in the box, time to get it out and get hooping :D