Two Days down of the 30 Day Shred

Options
Okay seriously... I am SORE the more the day goes on. Today will be day 3 of the shred if I do it tonight, which I probably should. My left arm hurts soo much to straighten it out, lol!! ... I am sure alot of you have or are feeling my pain!

Do I contiune tonight, or let my body rest? What did most of you guys do...is it supposed to be an everyday thing? I just wasn't sure what to do. I know it's going to hurt to work out tonight, but if you guys say that I should I will.

Maybe I'll go purchase lighter weights! ;-) haha

Replies

• applepie
    applepie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm right, but when I do the Shred, yeah..SORE! :) But, I do continue the next day. Mostly because I know that for me, it feels better to keep going then to stop. I'm usually more sore if I rest. But you could do lighter weights or no weights every other day, kind of alternate things up a bit. Hope this helps..
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I started the 30DS this past Saturday. I got sore and had to let my body rest. I have only done it once since then (totally of 2 times).

I did find the second time around was much easier.

If I were you, I would rest.

I don't do it everyday, although I need to do it more often.
  • Jry0318
    Jry0318 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How heavy are your weights? I also did the 30 day shred, I had 3 pound weights. When i did this dvd, i didnt do it everyday for 30 days, but the days I didn't do the dvd, I was doing some other type of workout, like getting on the treadmill.

If you don't think your body can handle it, don't do it. But you should try to get some type of excercise in everyday.

Hope that helped.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you're just sore, you should workout through the pain. If it's pain from an injury - such as in a joint, rest. Look into recovery shakes or just regular whey protein shakes...even something that's not as high protein, and that should help with the soreness if you're wanting to do everyday.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Try it with no weights today. The cardio will relieve the soreness (for a little while, hehe).
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer was doing it every day and even she was sore! I say do it and see if you can push through the pain! Good Luck!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I just finished the shred and the first few days of level one were pure torture!!! Keep going though, if you must then rest one day and get right back to it, using your muscles actually helps with the soreness. I started with 5 lb weights and couldn't hack it, on day three I bought 3 lb weights and used them through the rest of the shred - still difficult with 3 lbs, but manageable. Good Luck - you can do it - I lost a total of 9 lbs and over 6 inches!!!! Now that I'm done I don't know if I should do it again with heavier weights and more intensity or move on to a different program - I've been walking and playing the Wii for the past week, but I think I need to get back into a strength training routine. Anyway - sorry I got off track there - - Good Luck!!!:wink:
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Today was my 2nd day but this is the 2nd time I am doing it. I did it for 30 days straight the 1st time and it does get easier each time you do it. Unless you have an injury I would push through it even if you do it with no weights or just holding bottles of water or something lighter. You could also just use the weights for the moves that are easier for you. Good Luck!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Keep going as long as you belive that it is a good sore..if you think you injured your self then rest...I was so sore on day 3 that I could hardly move my arms, breast and shoulders..then it went to my legs and I felt like they was jelly...I told you she would kick butt..and she does..it is amazing the good things you get out of her workouts!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have 5 pound weights under Matt's advisement...yeah, BAD IDEA! lol ... I think I am going to do it tonight without weights just to keep the cardio going but my arms truly are hurting pretty badly... I can't tell if it is sore or an injury...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! =) ... I'll report back later! Lol
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I use five pound weights, and the first day I EVER did it (I've done almost two "cycles" of it now) I had to put the weights down half-way through. The first week is tough, but like Jillian says, if you're dilligent with it, you'll see a change. I d it almost every day, with maybe one day a week where I don't. The first time I did it, I did it every day and even did level two for a few days in a row!

I agree that if you feel like you just can't handle it, then rest. If you're in extreme pain DURING, that's your body's way of telling to you slow down. But I'm not a personal trainer, so do what you feel is right for you.

p.s. Go team Jacob. :wink:
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    So.... I did Level 1 Day 3 without the weights and I pushed the cardio just to make sure I was burning my calories well enough. Last night was Day 4 and I decided to buck up and pick those weights back up. I think the day of rest really helped and I think I worked alot of the soreness out last night...could it be that maybe I stronger already?? lol .... doubtful!

Thanks to each of you who gave me advice...I might need more soon! =D