Not there yet, but on the way!

Options
Ok, so I don't know if this fits here, but I am just in such a good mood over it that I had to get it out somewhere. So exactly one month ago I decided that I had been procrastinating and feeling sorry for myself for long enough, and decided to make a REAL change in my life. I'm not talking about one of those "hey, I'm gonna try to change a few things" or "try for a week and fall off track and forget" kind of changes, but a real, permanent, no option for failure kind of change.

I know it may not seem like much to some on here, but I am DAMN proud to say that after my first month, I am 18lbs lighter than I was when I started. This is the first time, ever, in my life that I have ever felt like I made real progress in becoming a healthier person.

To anyone reading this. If I can do this....... ANYONE can do this.

I hope everyone has as good a day as I have!

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's great! Just remember that you may have days that you skip your workout or overeat and the key is to get right back on the wagon the next day. We all slip up and we have to forgive ourselves and refocus ASAP! That is one thing that I have finally learned. One screwup will not undo all the hard work. Keep up the good work :)
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Great beginning!
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • ReddySetLose
    Options
    Very good, that's like a major biggie, no wonder you're wanting to SHOUT it out.......wtg :happy:
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! So happy for you! Feels great to finally do it, eh?
  • embracethefall
    Options
    It sure does! And the difference in the way I feel just with that 18lbs gone is incredible. I can't wait to see how good I feel once I reach the overall goal.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, they made a good day even better!
  • pattypureheart
    pattypureheart Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's posts like yours that spur every one of us on to stay the course... Thanks so much for sharing your success and best to you for many more milestones like this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!