1st Day of MY Lifestyle Change....at 62!

Options
I'm on my way! Excited to get to my first 10 pound loss goal. Trying new healthy recipes, juicing, flax seed, etc. I'm committed to do this. I'm 62 and now afraid that my life is short and I need to do something now to stay around to annoy my husband and son. :laugh: I want to enjoy my life. My husband of 6 years (almost) waited a long time to be happy and with the right person and I want to have as many years as possible to enjoy with him.

I look forward to making new friends here and request your support in my effort to lose 62.3 pounds to reach my comfortable weight of 150. Please add me as your friend.

Arlyn

Replies

• CraigAtter
    Options
    Well today has just become the start of the rest of your new life. Well done and you can do this, keep your focus and you will add years to your life.

Ive lost over 210lbs last year and its made a massive difference to my life.

Good luck
  • mystarwillshine
    mystarwillshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've made a commitment this year to really do something to become more healthy. I've talked a good game for too long, and I'll be 62 in August. Hubby just retired the end of last year, so we're doing this together. Please friend me and we'll encourage each other!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on taking the first and most important step towards a healthy life. There are lots of people here to help you through this journey. I will be sending you a friend request. :smile:
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking this step! I'm sure you will have plenty of success. You are definitely an inspiration to me!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am 60 and live close to Reno!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and started mine last month. It's the belly fat that worries me. I don't want to get diabetes or anything because of it. I also suffered a shoulder injury last year, that I think happened because I am so out of shape. I want to be stronger. My family is very active, and I would love to join them and keep up.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Request sent.
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    you can do it! feel free to friend me :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Happy 1st day of the rest of your life!! You can do it!!