In 5 weeks you'd weigh....

I hate that when I complete my diary it always tells me "In 5 weeks you'd weigh 183.4" or "In 5 weeks you'd weigh 179 pounds" and yet every week at weigh in, I weigh the same!!!!!

Replies

• brigibooboo
    brigibooboo Posts: 38 Member
    I feel your pain!!!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    LOL I was just thinking this. xD
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Well considering if you ate exactly what you entered, every day for 5 weeks and did the exact exercise. Assuming you didn't lie about your weight, you would way that much lol :)
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    i find it encouraging :)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Don't pay attention too it, it's just for ...ish and giggles
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    And yet 5 weeks comes and goes, every day, and I still weigh the same. Hate that thing!
  • ckejmommy
    ckejmommy Posts: 9 Member
    I also hate it, I wish it could be shut off!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    I would prefer if it used "inches" rather than weight. Im dropping more inches than weight. So I tend to not even close my diary off for the day anymore
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    I'm glad its not just me....
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    I don't like it either! Ughh!
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    i can relate to that. i should weigh like 8 lbs less in 5 weeks according to daily weigh ins...doesn't happen tho :/
  • anon189
    anon189 Posts: 42
    I find it very inaccurate. For example: when I do the charts that say how many calories I need per day to simply maintain my weight it has me around 2100. I am trying to lose weight so even just cutting 500/day should have me losing 1 lb per week. However on MFP it set my calories at 1200/day and said that would only have me losing 1 lb per week. I manually changed it to 1600. Anyway, I lost 2 pounds in just the last 5 days, but when I close my diary it says that eating close to 1600 calories will have me losing like .3 lbs a week. Yeah right. lol Every person's body is different and personally I think MFP's formula for calculating how many calories a day a person needs is off.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    IF only it were true!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I don't even close out the diary every day cause I hate it so much....
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 128.4 lbs in 5 weeks"
    Yes, MFP. i'm going to MAGICALLY lose 20.6 lbs in 5 weeks. Yeah.. no.
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Meh. I just ignore that. I agree its pretty way off the mark. But as a boost to, or kick in the butt to motivate, it's okay.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    hahahahano_zpsd459f773.gif

I agree ....... no way I'll be that much lower in 5 weeks ...... wishful thinking !
  • Zulemak
    Zulemak Posts: 7
    I've been told we shouldn't rely so much as to what the scale indicates but rather you should gauge your progress through measurements. I've been using my fitness pal for a couple of months and although I have it set to help me shed a pound per week, I have lost only a few pounds. For me part of the issue is I don't always eat under 1500 calories and I try to work out at least twice a week. I'd definitely shed more if I stuck to a strict regime of 1500 calories and worked out everyday but keep in mind the scale will NOT fluctuate per se because excersing should help build muscle.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Well considering if you ate exactly what you entered, every day for 5 weeks and did the exact exercise. Assuming you didn't lie about your weight, you would way that much lol :)

yowch! Wait until you hit a plateau!