Only 12 lbs!

Options
Okay, I am soo confused.. I have been reading these posts and seeing how people are losing like 28lbs in 2 months...how!?! I started on January 4, 2013 and so far have only lost 12lbs! Not fair!!! I exercise, and yes on a few occasions I have eaten too many calories but mainly stick to what I am set at!! Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Relax, you are doing just fine. You are losing at a rate of 1.5 lbs per week, which is pretty quick honestly. The people who have lost more over the same period of time are either #1 starting at a higher weight or #2 restricting calories too much.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Started Jan 1 and have lost 11 pounds. I was hoping for more, but I'll take what I can get:)
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Don't let yourself be frustrated by someone else's loss. They may have had more to lose to begin with, may be following a different path, may be younger or more active, whatever the case may be. You can only control your future, not that of others.
    Focus on you and that you have LOST 12 LBS! That is a great start. I started Jan. 2 and have lost 13 lbs. I usually only average a lb. per week but as long as the scale keeps inching downward, I know I am on the right path. It is easier to maintain the loss when you lose it slowly (or so it has been said). At this rate, by the end of April you would be down 24 lbs! Keep that in mind and keep moving forward. You are doing fine!
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    another started early Jan 2013 and only lost 15 so far.
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think your 12 lbs is awesome -- that is great work and it sounds like you are doing it in a way that fits your lifestyle which is what matters. Enjoy the loss!! :wink:
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    I started at the beginning of January and have lost 16 pounds. Would I like if it would have been more? Of course but I have to be honest, with the way I was going before this diet, I just have to appreciate the fact that I LOST 16 pounds and not GAINED them. Good luck to you.
  • Mulikme
    Mulikme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way but I am losing inches. My trainer told me to not focus in the scale for the next 2 weeks but to keep doing what I'm doing and choose a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get into and use that as my guage instead of the scale.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Double digits lost is awesome! Don't compare yourself to anyone else. There are way too many variables. You're obviously on the right track!
  • bethanykf
    bethanykf Posts: 68
    Options
    I started 12/30 and have lost 12.2 lbs. Yes - I would love for it to have been more, but 1.5 lbs a week is pretty amazing so I'll deal with the slowness.

Like others have said - definitely take measurements. I lost 9 lb in the first month, but I also lost 9.5 inches - that's pretty awesome. Don't focus too much on the scale. :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 7/13 and lost 9.5lbs. I wish the process was faster than this too but I think you are doing well.
  • IWantToo
    IWantToo Posts: 162
    Options
    Be happy! I started on Dec 30 2012 and have gained 2 pounds, i wish i had lost 12 lbs :)
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    People who are losing that much that fast have more to lose!!! Its simple if your used to way over eating 3000 cal a day and suddenly start to eat at a calorie deficit your going to lose a lot quickly at first. But if your used to eating 2000 and drop down to 1500 its going to be a slow loss. But slow is good and slow is maintainable!!! 1-2lbs a week is healthy.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    28 pounds down but not in 2 months :happy: Everyone loses at their own pace. Keep going you will be there before you know it! :drinker:
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    u r doing and awesome job, that's healthy loss too. u probably wont gain it back.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The people that lose weight that fast probably have a looooooot to lose, or they were eating soooo badly before, and then just started eating healthy..

12 pounds is great!! Fast weight loss is not always the best! If you dont have to work very hard for it, its probably not that maintainable.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have 100-130 lbs to lose. I lost the 1st 18 lbs in like 3 weeks. I am now at a steady 1.5-2.5 lbs a week. Like people have said, the more you have to lose, the faster the initial loss.
  • jtschink
    jtschink Posts: 7
    Options
    I too just started on Jan 2nd and have lost 13lbs but I keep going at it and look forward to my next weigh in! I think you are doing great!
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    People who are losing that much that fast have more to lose!!! Its simple if your used to way over eating 3000 cal a day and suddenly start to eat at a calorie deficit your going to lose a lot quickly at first.

^^ This, the less you weigh and the closer you are to your goal the slower it will take. Just celebrate the fact you've lost the weight you have! Don't stress too much about anything else. Keep doing what you're doing, it will just take time.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It's taken me over a year to lose 20lbs. And it's not from lack of trying. I log consistently and exercise 4-5x a week. Everyone loses at a different rate, it also depends on how much you have to lose.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I really like how everyone has been so supportive in this forum. I just started a week ago, and lost 4.4 pounds in that week. I was also at 254.8 lbs when I started, so have a lot to lose! I'm hoping for at least a pound a week from here on out. It's going to be a long road, but I'm going to stick with it, and you should too! Never give up!