Forming Small Motivation Group - Specifications

Options
Hi, I'm new and thought that starting a small group (so it doesn't get too overwhelming with too many posts/people) - I'm looking for a small group of accountability partners. I'm looking for about 4-5 gals that I can relate with to join, after those are chosen, I will close the group. Does anyone know if it is possible to make a message board private or is there a better way to go about this? Help with that would be appreciated, in the meantime, let me know if you meet the specifications below and are interested, thanks!!

Ideal Qualifications for Group:

Female

25-35 years old

Utlizes the Diary Function and makes it public/viewable by friends

Serious about weight loss/fitness

Records in their Diary daily - both food and exercise

General knowledge of health/fitness

I think that's about it - post if you are interested and I'll choose 4-5 who I think would be good motivators in this small group - Thanks!

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't be a good candidate. But I wanted to say I like your hair.
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea. I believe when you set up the group, the group gets its own message board. I'm not positive though. I'd be interested in joining though. I'm 30, a mom, a devoted user of both MFP and Fitocracy. My diaries are viewable and I make notes about all of my workouts. My focus is really getting fit and down to my goal weight in the next couple months.
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh no, failed on age!! Meet the other criteria. Triathlon training in progress, 5 lbs left to initial goal, expect to reset by about 8-10 more but want to balance with body recomposition.
    Available if selected!
  • copiousmusings
    Options
    I fit the qualifications :) I would love to be apart of your group!
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    QuirkTizz, I sent you a message; Miss Ashley - you're in, 48 year old - what's your situation, can you tell me a bit about yourself?
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Met all the criteria, but age, so...carry on
  • tinammitch
    Options
    I need some help. I was doing so well since I started way back in January, even lost a few pounds. This weekend I went so far over my calorie limit. I feel so guilty and like I failed, I wonder if its even worth going on with this diet thing. Any advice.
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    bump
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So I meet all of your criteria. Have been dedicated to myself and this site for a year now. But is this a popularity contest?
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    Hell no, not a popularity contest - I'm looking for those who are seroius, I chat a bit back in forth with those that are interested to get a general idea of their personality. But, I guess if you want to look at it like a contest - I'm picking the people specified, in similiar life situations - but yes, I suppose I'm adding those who I find the "coolest" - a sense of humor and the ability to banter goes a long way in my book.
  • sassyladi0404
    sassyladi0404 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am interested. Count me in
  • Salisburah
    Salisburah Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, Id love to join. Looking for people to connect with on my journey. I'm down 28lbs (13kgs) since the start of the year- through logging daily & plenty of cardio (which is also logged) I work with a PT, I'm also about half way through the 30 day shred (& heading on to a hybrid of P90x & insanity when I've finished- eep) I eat well mostly but do have the odd thing I probably shouldn't (but no ones perfect) I have more good days then bad days & am always keen for a challenge :)