I miss Eggo waffles!

Options
Goofy as it may sound, I miss Eggo waffles! I think it's more the convenience than the taste, but still. The same cereal every day gets old, and I don't have the time to cook in the morning. Anyone have any suggestions for something that would cure my Eggo cravings? :)

Replies

• gglenn
    gglenn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What about the Multi-Grain Eggos?
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    What about the Eggo Nutrigrain waffles? I eat them with fresh berries and peanut butter...its soooooo good!!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I actually never ate Eggos until I started counting calories!
    I like the Nutrigrain Waffles (either low-fat or whole wheat, depending on what's on sale/in-stock). I eat them with peanut butter or jam some mornings.
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Curious- why have you stopped eating them ? I just checked the data base and saw calories range from 140 - 190 - for TWO:love: waflles! Hmm - I may get some!:wink:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Eggos aren't that bad for you and Multi-grain is even better. Look on the back. It's the butter and syrup that's bad. I have my eggos w/ a little apple jelly.
  • jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like to cook homemade waffles on Sundays and I always cook a double batch and freeze remaining waffles on a cookie sheet before bagging them and leave them in the freezer. Then in the mornings when you want waffles just pop in toaster like eggo waffles and enjoy. This also works well with pancakes too.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Have your Eggo's is my suggestion, go for the Nutri Grain Whole Wheat Eggo 170 cals (2) and use Smucker's Sugar Free Breakfast Syrup 1/4 cup is 25 cals. That is 195 cals not even a dent in your calories for the day :bigsmile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Have your Eggo's is my suggestion, go for the Nutri Grain Whole Wheat Eggo 170 cals (2) and use Smucker's Sugar Free Breakfast Syrup 1/4 cup is 25 cals. That is 195 cals not even a dent in your calories for the day :bigsmile:

The problem I have with this is... it may be only 195 calories, but it's like ZERO nutrition (except I'm sure the Eggos are at least enriched with a few vitamins & minerals... same as taking a multivitamin).
    At least put some natural peanut butter on those suckers! :laugh: Or maybe eat an egg with them -- just get in some kind of good protein.
    Low calorie doesn't mean healthy!

Edit: That said -- To the OP, yes, please get your Eggo fix if you're really craving them. All things in moderation. :wink:
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    the low fat Eggo waffles or the Wheat ones are good. My son had to switch to wheat and loves them. They are great with peanut butter and jam or fresh strawberries sliced.
    I am a firm believer that you need to give in to some of the cravings just don't go overboard with it.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options

The problem I have with this is... it may be only 195 calories, but it's like ZERO nutrition.
    At least put some natural peanut butter on those suckers! :laugh: Or maybe eat an egg with them -- just get in some kind of good protein.

Haha, that's exactly what I do! Add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, cook some eggs, and include some fresh fruit.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

The problem I have with this is... it may be only 195 calories, but it's like ZERO nutrition.

Haha, that's exactly what I do! Add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, cook some eggs, and include some fresh fruit.

Sounds yummy to me! :smile: I can't imagine how hungry I'd be by lunch time if all I ate was 2 waffles & some light syrup for breakfast. I'd probably eat my hand as a morning snack. :tongue: (which now that I reread that post, is probably not what she was suggesting at all -- just how I read it the first time)
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Eggos are pretty good for you silly. When I started on here was the first time in a long time that I bought a big box of blueberry eggos! Eat up!
  • tjptaylor
    tjptaylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As long as you count the calories, why not have what you like???
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is eat Eggo Waffles.
  • AkAmber
    AkAmber Posts: 40
    Options
    You all ROCK. I feel better about Eggos now!! I thought I was the only person who put peanut butter on waffles... good to know that's not the case! I've never eaten them without syrup though. There are some great suggestions here, I'll have to try them!

THANK YOU!!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Now I want some Eggos, too! Maybe on next week's shopping list!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone else said, the nutrigrain eggos are good. :) I have them topped with yogurt and berries.
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had the kashi waffles? Or theres a few other whole grain waffle brands too, ( Van's, Wild Harvest, De Wafflebakers, to name a few) There pretty good, only like 90 or a 100 cals per waflle and pretty good ammount of fiber. Eggos are about the same in cals but as others have said no nutritional value, even the nutrigrain are enrciched flour I believe. But if thats what you want I guess its not the worst thing you could have
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love the multigrain Eggos...they are so good. And don't worry about the peanut butter...I put peanut butter and jelly on mine. Doing that since childhood.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Kashi waffles are not as tasty as an Eggo imo. I like putting a little Nutella on them.