Indoor workout

Options
I had my home gym (elliptical trainer, Total Gym, and free weights) set up on my back porch, and it got to where it's so darn hot (gotta love those Florida summers!) I could barely stand to go out there to work out.
I rearranged my living room yesterday, and now I have room for my elliptical trainer and some of my free weights. Working out in the air-conditioned coolness of my living room is great! I've already done my hour on the elliptical and I didn't get all hot and sweaty and feel like I was going to pass out. I wonder why I didn't do this sooner....:huh:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I had my home gym (elliptical trainer, Total Gym, and free weights) set up on my back porch, and it got to where it's so darn hot (gotta love those Florida summers!) I could barely stand to go out there to work out.
    I rearranged my living room yesterday, and now I have room for my elliptical trainer and some of my free weights. Working out in the air-conditioned coolness of my living room is great! I've already done my hour on the elliptical and I didn't get all hot and sweaty and feel like I was going to pass out. I wonder why I didn't do this sooner....:huh:
  • princessjenn1804
    princessjenn1804 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wish I had room for that! I live in Florida too and it sucks having my stuff out on the back porch!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I used to have my treadmill in my garage and just walking out there sucks the air out of you so when I got my elliptical I put it right in my dining room (which isn't even decorated yet) and get this its right next to the vent so I get a cool breeze I still work up a sweat but nothing like working out in the garage-
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My treadmill is in my finished basement, so nice and cool, plus I have a built in fan on my console. LOVE it!!! When I run outside, I feel like I'm gonna die form the heat and sweat.:sad:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Not to mention being able to put your exercise equiptment in front of the TV! Turns a 30 minute workout into a 1 hour workout pretty quickly when a good Law and Order is on! :laugh:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Not to mention being able to put your exercise equiptment in front of the TV! Turns a 30 minute workout into a 1 hour workout pretty quickly when a good Law and Order is on! :laugh:

Yep, I watched NASCAR final practice and the hour was up before I realized it! Burned almost 700 calories too!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well I'm not in Florida but I feel your pain girl! lol....it was so hot and humid here the past few weeks...now its just hot but not humid...so I must get my butt out and run ....I try to do tapes in the ac....but other than that...nada...when its so hot you can't move...YOU CAN"T MOVE lol

hugs!
    Ali :drinker:
  • oneinchatatime
    Options
    I live in Florida too and I can't even stand to walk from the house to the car (I'm a humidity magnet). When I made the decision to start exercising, I decided to turn a spare bedroom into a home gym
    (I live to far from town to go to the gym 4-6 times a week~ esp. now w/$4.00 a gal. for gas). I love being able to workout whenever I feel like it. Plus I don't get grossed out because somebody didn't wipe their sweat off of a piece of equipment. :sick: The only thing I'm missing is a pool for laps or water aerobics, but my dh's sister has one I can use. And she's only 15 min. away.

Thanks for starting this thread, it makes me appreciate having a home gym even more.