Breastfeeding mom-How to lose weight?

Options
Hi, I'm new in this site. I just had a baby (my third one) and I need to lose 60 pounds. I know a breastfeeding mother needs to consume 500 extra calories, my goal is 140 pounds, so I may need to eat around 2000 calories per day. Do somebody here can give me some advises or share with me their successful stories? thank you

Replies

• Tamtamz76
    Tamtamz76 Posts: 23
    Options
    Maybe some other moms can chime in, but I had to wait until I was done.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You need to eat about an extra 200-300 calories per day. Just exercise and eat healthy for the most part. You can eat some treats too as long as you eat mostly healthy. I just stay in my calorie allotment.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on the new little one! I'm no longer nursing my youngest (she weaned at around 14-15 months), but I lost the majority of my weight while nursing. What I did was set my profile to lose 1 pound a week, added in the appropriate breastfeeding entry from the food database, and ate all that, plus the majority of my exercise calories.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mommy of 7 (ages 8 down to 1). I have nursed all of my babies. I gained 80 with my first and about 50 with the rest. My youngest babies are twin 1 year olds which are still nursing. With eating about what you have said it is totally doable. When the little one gets a bit bigger and you are ready for it walking is a great way to lose weight too. Later on you can add the strength exercises too. ( I never get to that part till the baby is at least 9 months old.) I am currently a little under my wedding weight. There is a group on here that is called the Post Partum Pack that is full of mommies. Welcome to MFP, congratulations on your baby, and good luck with your weight loss.
  • Fernsey
    Fernsey Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm so happy I read this, I'm also a new mom again!!!! This is my 2nd baby, she just turned 5 weeks on Friday I'm also breast feeding so I had the same questions. Thank you for all the posts :smile: