New & Trying to get healthy

dklbwf
dklbwf Posts: 8 Member
Hello,

I am totally new to the community and have been eating fast foods for past 10 years....monday-sunday just switch restaurants each day(mcdonals, burger king, wendys, popeyes, etc....)

I am 210lbs and trying to get to 150-160 sometime soon hopefully. Looking forward to using this site and getting healthy and stop wasting so much money on fast food!!!! lol, if you have any good learn to cook links please send!!! Looking to learn how to cook sometime soon.

Good luck to you all as well!

Replies

• Hi!! Welcome to MFP! I was also a fast food junkie. I kicked the habit when I had some major health issues that lead me to stop drinking diet coke, using artificial sweeteners and eating fast food. 9 days ago I began my journey using isagenix products and have lost 3 lbs and 20.75 inches. I feel healthier than I have in years!! At first I thought it was too expensive but then added up all of the money I spent on fast food and junk and realized I'd be saving money and getting healthy. I have 27 lbs to go. I've been using myfitnesspal for a long time but never for support or accountability, just for tracking my progress. With Isagenix I still need to make one healthy meal per day between 400-600 calories so it has really taught me to make the most of my allowed calories with nutritious foods. I have been using allrecipes.com or just googling nutritions chicken or fish or whatever I feel like that evening recipes and having really good luck with great recipes. Best wishes to you! You've taken the first steps and will be healthier in no time!!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    welcome to MFP. This is a great tool to use to help you on your journey.
  • dklbwf
    thanks!! glad im not alone on the fast food junky business!! lol, i am really look forward to this and good luck to you as well! thanks
  • dklbwf
    Thanks! yes i am loving the tools this site offers and looking forward to seeing some results soon
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Welcome and good luck! Fast food will do it every time. How I got a lot of mine. I try to avoid it now at all costs. If I do go I try to get something healthy. Feel free to add me :)
  • ang6181980
    ang6181980 Posts: 12 Member
    welcome! im new too and im a fast food junkie myself. Ive been here 4 days and have been doing good so far. Its easy to use and people are supportive. I honestly feel better just after a few days because I know im doing something good for myself :) Good luck!!