Failure is not an option

Options
Cynduck
Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
That has become my new motto! I have a long journey ahead of me. I have been successful in just about everything I have put my mind to, except weight loss. For some reason, I have allowed food to become and addition. I pushed the restart button the other day and started this journey for the last time!

I was watching Jillian Michaels' new show Losing It the other day. She said something that just about made me cry. She asked the contestant why they were choosing failure when success was an option. That really hit me!

A little about me - my husband and I have 4 beautiful girls. Our oldest had severe disabilities and passed away about a year and a half ago. My other girls are 14 and 9 year old twins. I'm a trucker's wife, and a homeschooling mom who just completed her masters degree.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I would love to get to know more of you and be able to encourage each other!

Replies

• gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    You can do this!! Adding... :o]
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    That has become my new motto! I have a long journey ahead of me. I have been successful in just about everything I have put my mind to, except weight loss. For some reason, I have allowed food to become and addition. I pushed the restart button the other day and started this journey for the last time!

I was watching Jillian Michaels' new show Losing It the other day. She said something that just about made me cry. She asked the contestant why they were choosing failure when success was an option. That really hit me!

A little about me - my husband and I have 4 beautiful girls. Our oldest had severe disabilities and passed away about a year and a half ago. My other girls are 14 and 9 year old twins. I'm a trucker's wife, and a homeschooling mom who just completed her masters degree.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I would love to get to know more of you and be able to encourage each other!

Hi!

Well the journey is now shorter as you have already started it! Isn't it strange how sometimes, somebody says something that really, really hits home - most of them are not even aware how powerful their words have been for you either, but if they help you to alter things, their words could be life-changing for you!

I am definitely rooting for you!!
  • cileee21
    cileee21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I saw that show the other day too! I agree, it's definitely a great motto and great attitude to have.
  • peggyann47
    peggyann47 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Cynthia - First of all, I want to tell you how sorry I am about the loss of your daughter. I can't imagine that pain. Second, - Way to Go on your Master's! I am a teacher and also have my Master's, so I know how challenging that is to complete when you have a family - and 4 girls! Wow! I also know that being a trucker's wife is not always easy either, especially if your husband is gone for several days at a time. My fiance was a truck driver. Unfortunately, he passed away very suddenly almost a year ago while he was away at work. Losing someone in your life is SO stressful, which doesn't help with the weight. I've gained almost 30 lbs. since he died and it has to stop.

I have come to the same point as you. Failure is not an option. Maybe we can support each other along the way.

Good Luck!

Peggy
  • herbadot
    herbadot Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow, Love your attitude and YES you CAN do it. You have taken the first step the rest is easy :-) Consistancy is the key. Much succss!!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone.

Peggy I am so sorry to hear about your fiance. I worry about that a lot with my husband. He normally leaves out on Sunday and is home Friday night or Saturday morning. He's only been driving the last 5 1/2 years (we will be married 20 next month) so it's been a huge adjustment for us all. I'm glad you are realizing the weight you are putting on and realizing it has to stop. I know it is hard. That food seems so comforting at times :( I look forward to getting to know you!
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I saw that show the other day too! I agree, it's definitely a great motto and great attitude to have.

You can do it, Cynthia!:flowerforyou: