MUSTARD-The world's greatest condiment!!!

Options
Before reaching for the BBQ sauce or Ketchup this summer, see if it is something that would taste good with Mustard! Mustard is not only full of flavor, but it's CALORIE FREE!!! So indulge, eat up, and enjoy!

Replies

• Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    I made my own spicy mustard with mustard seeds, vinegar, and some other ingredients (it was a recipe from Women's health). Totally easy to make, and tasted way better than any i have ever had. Plus used up mustard seeds i never would have otherwise. Will post the recipe once I am home!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I really love mustard. And pickles. I always get my subs at subway with pickles and mustard, no mayo or cheese. PLENTY of flavor!
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    Not all of them are calorie free. I buy Trader Joe's organic yellow mustard and there are 5 calories in a teaspoon. :) But I agree...I've forgotten until recently how much I love mustard. (I used to eat Hellman's REAL mayonnaise on everything...even corndogs.)
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    I love mustard aswell it adds lots of flaver and I don't feel guilty when adding it to everything and lots of it.
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Mustard is the most magical condiment EVER! I slather everything in it, it makes me feel less guilty about eating whatever it is I've smothered it in haha
  • freehold1979
    Options
    I've been trying to get more into mustard but I am a self profressed Mayo addict. Lately I have been doing a mixture of both so I dont use as much mayo. And ideals on how to make mustard more exciting
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    I really like Dill mustard you can get it for Wal-mart try it out!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge mustard fan. Used to LOVE mayo! Now I use Trader Joe's garlic hummus. 1 tbsp on my burger and I don't even use cheese anymore.
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get more into mustard but I am a self profressed Mayo addict. Lately I have been doing a mixture of both so I dont use as much mayo. And ideals on how to make mustard more exciting

I like mustard but sometimes just gotta have mayo so I've been using the Kraft mayo with olive oil. 1 TBSP is 45 calories and I like it. I don't care for the lowfat mayo's but this one I like.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

there are so many different kind of mustard, jalapeno, honey mustard, horseradish, wasabi, dijon, spicy, stoneground... Try a few different ones until you find ones you like better. I loooooove mustard and I usually have several different kinds in my fridge at a time
  • wendyannhall
    wendyannhall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the flavored mustards but you have to be careful... some honey mustards have more calories than BBQ sauce!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I love the flavored mustards but you have to be careful... some honey mustards have more calories than BBQ sauce!

that's only like 20-30 cals anyway, not a big deal