How long did it take you..

Options
Hey everyone! I wanted to know - how long did it take you to notice that you were losing weight? Meaning looking in the mirror and noticing your weight loss?

Replies

• OliveRiver
    OliveRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I might not the best of help on this subject since even the smallest weight loss produces a noticeable change for me because I'm so close to my goal. But when I was at my heaviest, I steated noticing a physical change after about 15 lb had been shaven off.

Edited to fix a TON of typos.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and measurements as your progress. I wish I had taken a few more, but I really noticed the change in pictures more than I did in the mirror. I think I started noticing the difference in how clothes fit around 10 pounds or so.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    about 40 lbs for me - I still have a tough time with it to be honest
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Probably not til about 15-20 pounds
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Still waiting. Today my arms felt stringy-so I feel like I might look different (today is the first time I've "felt" anything other than morbidly obese-even though I haven't been for several months). But I really don't see any difference. I don't have any "before" pics-I really, really wish I did.
  • ChelseaE7
    ChelseaE7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I took a lot of pictures and would notice it in some pictures and not so much in others at different times. For me to really notice, it took me til I lost about 20 lbs
  • 3nchantress
    Options
    Still waiting for that to happen.
  • jnzema
    jnzema Posts: 24
    Options
    At eight pounds if I do little hops I notice my stomach jiggling less. But the only other way I see it is in my face, it finally is looking more sculpted again instead of fleshy.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    20 pounds
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    It isn't the mirror for me. Every so often I will notice how my body feels different. I don't know how else to explain it. :smile:
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If I hadn't had to buy smaller clothes, I still probably wouldn't have noticed and I'm down 46 pounds. Hopefully my brain catches up soon so I can really see the changes in my body.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Probably at about 12 pounds :D Speaking of, I am going to try on some old pants right now to see if they fit now! :D
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The beginning of the 3rd week,,,,was 10 lbs. I could easily zip by jeans. :)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    For me I would say about 20 lbs or more.. I started at 245lbs.
    But what I did realize is that when I would get new clothes I would drop more than 1 size at a time....I was wearing the size alot longer than I needed too I guess. I remember I started in 18's and went next to 14's. So although I realized my pants were getting big, I didn't know how big... so once in awhile try on your smaller pants :)
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I wasn't REALLY big, but when the first ten came off, and I began to see my muscles peeking through my flab, that was when I really noticed. My husband did too, surprisingly, since he's the least observant person in the whole world. (Not even kidding. I have a running game of "see how long it takes Dan to notice" where I make a major change in the house and wait to see when he comments on it. Longest was two weeks, when I took down all the wallpaper on a wall in the kitchen. TWO WEEKS! Haha.) But that was when my shirts were looser, and my jeans fit better, and my confidence skyrocketed.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I noticed a few posters say, their brains haven't caught up yet so to speak... I suffer with this issue as well, it's really hard to grasp. So it's nice to hear others have this issue.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I started noticing after 15 pounds. I really started noticing it after I started a cardio/weight training program. Even during those times when I hit a plateau, I could see the change in terms of muscle definition and in how my clothes started fitting differently.
  • FitnessWithaTwist
    Options
    i started at 185..once i got into the 60's...i really noticed..that was like hitting the stratusphere..so different now
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    take ok for
    me 10 ound boob got smaller lol
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    At 10lbs I could tell a difference and after that it was more and more. With me it has been a lot more inches then lbs it feels at least lol.