Any tall people out there (5'11 and up) ?

Options
I am looking for TALL people who are trying to get healthy and understand my point of view. When a tall person gives a scale # it seems huge to a shorter person. I also have issues finding clothing. There are tall clothes out there but not always tall and big clothes. I live in a small town that is 85 miles from a city that is comparitively small and selection for healthy food, clothing etc. is limited. Would love to connect with people and share stories, inspirations, struggles, joys etc etc.

Replies

• pracktish
    pracktish Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 6' and trying to lose around 80 #'s. I totally relate to what you're saying!! Feel free to add me :)

I'm also a police dispatcher...weird lol
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ 6'0" and wicked proud of it!
  • TammyS3
    TammyS3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, does that count? :)
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    Options
    Can I join the 5'10" club Tammy?
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    6' 1" baby!! Add me if you like
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Any of you tall people have children that are taller than the norm?
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I"m 5"11 - I hear you about the difference between tall folks and short - I have lost 52 pounds since July 2011 while using this site and I love it. I have 8 more to go to get to my first goal - the 185 I'm currently at, while sounding good to me, is horrific to some other folks :)

Anyway, feel free to add me - that's an open invite to whomever.

Best wishes!
  • gold566
    gold566 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 6' living in a small town with no clothes shopping whatsover! I love to shop online, the FedEx guy knows me by name! The one grocery store in town is overpriced and produce not too fresh sometimes but it works. I actually go to a larger city about 30 miles away a couple times month to stock up on groceries and only go to the store in town for emergencies.

Oh and yes I have two amazing boys. The oldest is 6'4" and the youngest is 6'8". Love standing between them!!

You can add me if you want.
  • happydispatcher
    Options
    My husband is 6'6 and I am 6'1 our 5 year old is already over 4ft tall. I am anxious to see how tall he ends up being:noway:
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. My goal is to lose 82lbs, I'm already 3/4 of the way to my goal. OP and any other tall people can feel free to friend.

Best of luck!
  • fourteeners
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and have another 21 lbs. to go! add me! :)
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    6'0" here! 2.8 pounds from a normal BMI, but probably 20 from where I'll eventually want to be. And clothes shopping is my most hated activity.
  • gregpstone
    gregpstone Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    6' 4" and I live in Sequim, WA, population 5600. Plus the three friends I started with two months ago seem to have dropped out so I need some new friends. I expect to losing 100 pounds over the entire year and loggin food and exercise for the rest of my life.
  • happydispatcher
    Options
    Amazing weight loss Celeigh!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Aw, Thanks! Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends!

PS - there is a group for tall women too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/126-tall-women
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and started out in July at 285 and I now weigh 218. I eat 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat, which make a huge difference when I hit a plateau in September.
  • mohojojo
    mohojojo Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm 6'4". It's hard for me to find clothes that fit as well. I have to look really hard for them. I don't have any kids but my nephew is 15 yrs old and already 6'5" which is weird to me. I'm always the one looking down at most people. Now I have to look up to him lol.
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    6ft4 in the old scale, disposing of 40kg (~90lbs) initially.