145-150 pound people answer this please

Options
this is my summer goal. can you tell me if you are comfortable with this weight. what size of pants and shirts are you? and can you also include how tall you are. thanks :-)

Replies

• ThyNameisThor
    Options
    Hi! I am 5 foot three and I fit into child XL-Adult Small, but I normally wear adult mediums because I have broad shoulders and a long torso and I get rolls of fat on my stomach when I bend over and small ones when I sit. I wear junior pant size 11-13 with a belt on one of the first few notches. All my weight goes to my thighs and butt, so they are much larger.
  • lauramacaroni
    lauramacaroni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and currently 145. I wear size 10-12 pants & large shirts (I have big boobs & need the extra room).
  • honeylalaa
    Options
    Hi! I am 5 foot three and I fit into child XL-Adult Small, but I normally wear adult mediums because I have broad shoulders and a long torso and I get rolls of fat on my stomach when I bend over and small ones when I sit. I wear junior pant size 11-13 with a belt on one of the first few notches. All my weight goes to my thighs and butt, so they are much larger.

hmm that's weird im 182 pounds and i fit in a size 11-12 depending on the type of material
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It's all going to depend on your percentage of body fat in relation to your percentage of lean body mass.

same-weight-different-body-.jpg
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 7 in and fit into medium (mostly) Adult shirts and size 8 to 10 (depending on the brand) in pants. I'd like to lose a bit more because I still have a bit of a pooch around my waist (four pregnancies will do that to you). But I am almost at my goal weight, which is around 145 or so.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's all going to depend on your percentage of body fat in relation to your percentage of lean body mass.

^^yep, and where that fat is distributed.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When I was 150 pounds I was in size 10 pants and M or L shirts. I am 5'7
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and when I was 145 (I'm 130 now) I was a size 8 pants, size medium tops. It's a decent weight for MY height, but I prefer something closer to 130-135 for my frame. Not sure what your height is, or body type, so can't suggest what's best for you...
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 150ish, 5'5", and I wear size 8-10, depending on the brand.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I wear size 9 pants and small shirts... I've been bouncing around those weights for a while now and I'm just focussing on body fat % now... It'd be nice if I could stay at around 145 tho
  • ThyNameisThor
    Options

hmm that's weird im 182 pounds and i fit in a size 11-12 depending on the type of material

But we have different body types and they are the junior sizes.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm very comfortable, Canadian size 5 or 7
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congrats for joining MFP. Looks like your target goal is realistic and you'll be rockin a bathing suit bod in no time! WTG. One food in front of the other.

5'3" /152.4/size 10 pants

I am happy at this size currently but I want to challenge myself to see where I can go this year.

Size 14 is the average US women's size these days.
  • poponastick302
    poponastick302 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and about 145. I think that I can lose a bit more but I am pretty comfortable.
    I'm a size 12 Australian in shirts and a large 12-small 14 in pants.
  • thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 145 lb right now. I wear a medium shirt usually, but sometimes large (big ol' boobies) and I think a size 10 pant right now. I carry my weight in the middle. I'm still trying to lose vanity pounds, but 145 is actually a comfortable weight to be at; I feel healthy and more confident in my clothes than I used to.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am on my way back to 150, I was there last summer. At 150 I was a 6/8 in pants(8 was loose in waist and fit in thighs and bum, 6 fit in waist but a bit snug in the thigh/bum)) and a medium in shirts ( broad shoulders and ample boobage). I'm 5'7" with an hourglass shape. It depends on body type, height and muscle mass, you and I could be completely different at 150. I loved myself at that weight, but it is hard to sustain a major change, I am learning to do it in a more healthy and sustainable manner.
  • honeylalaa
    Options
    I am on my way back to 150, I was there last summer. At 150 I was a 6/8 in pants(8 was loose in waist and fit in thighs and bum, 6 fit in waist but a bit snug in the thigh/bum)) and a medium in shirts ( broad shoulders and ample boobage). I'm 5'7" with an hourglass shape. It depends on body type, height and muscle mass, you and I could be completely different at 150. I loved myself at that weight, but it is hard to sustain a major change, I am learning to do it in a more healthy and sustainable manner.

omg congrats, you have lost so much weight!! :happy:
  • happypath101
    Options
    Thanks for this post! It's often really hard to see yourself and seeing others who weigh about the same can really help put things into perspective. I'm 143 right now. I much prefer to be 135. But, I'm still taking off the Christmas and vacation and overtime weight. (I'm in maintenance mode and have spent the last six years gaining and losing the same 10 pounds. It's pretty much how I maintain. :O)

Anyway, I'm wearing a pair of size 6 Gap khakis right now. But, I'm often a size 8. I'm only 5 2". But, I think that I'm more muscular than most girls my height.

This is definitely a healthy weight and easy to maintain.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    hey there :flowerforyou:

Im 5'7" and weigh 152... Im on a mission to get to 145 which would put me at 18% body fat and as low and I should probably go but we'll see! I wear a 6 jeans and pants and a small or medium top. (Im dense and have a lot of muscle)
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    I am 5'8'' and currently weight 146.5 lbs. Most of my weight is in my legs however, so I end up weiring small tops and larger pants. Here is how it looks now
    146lbs.jpg

Here is how it looks when I am in my ideal weight 125 lbs (6 years ago)

125fy.jpg