Locating the Laughing Cow?

Options
Resa52
Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
Having checked out several "Hungry Girl" and other low cal cookbooks recently, I see most of them call for "Laughing Cow" brand low cal cheese (if they call for cheese, I mean) I can't seem to find that in my grocery store or at Wal-mart. Am I looking in the wrong place? (In the refrigerator section with the other cheeses) Help!

Replies

• JHenryID
    JHenryID Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You might try looking near the prepackaged deli items. It varies with the store so it may be easier to just ask.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    costco carries it.
    http://www.thelaughingcow.com/
    look at the very top on the right, they have a product locater. Just enter your zip.
  • Jen_the_RN
    Options
    Hello Resa52,

Laughing Cow will be by the specialty cheeses, generally in an island case by the deli section. That's also where you'll find feta, block hard cheeses and hummus. Aldi also carries a similar version that's much cheaper. If for some reason your store doesn't carry Laughing Cow, Weight Watchers spreadable cheese is another alternative.

Sincerely,
    ~J (The Cheese Lover)
  • gaylenef
    gaylenef Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    almost always in the deli section. It is a round tub and the cheese is in wedges inside. sooooooooo yummy!
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That explains it. I gotta look in the deli and not in the bagged/packaged cheese section.

Thanks a lot guys!!!
  • Mrsmorman
    Mrsmorman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    At my Walmart it is in the case in front of the deli where the pre-made subs, sandwiches and salads are, on the top shelf.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can also try next to the cream cheese section. Most of the flavors are in an island cooler in the deli section at Wal-Mart.
  • witeowl
    witeowl Posts: 89
    Options
    In my store, it's neither in the deli nor with all the other cheeses. It's located with a few other spreadable cheeses... in the dips section!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Not sure about USA but in UK they've just brought out a low fat blue cheese version. 25 cals a triangle. Must try it.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    They are also with the deli cheeses at my grocery store, not with the brand name cheeses.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself lucky, that crap is not cheese :sick:
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options

It's a blend of cheeses. They add whey and milk fat to make it spreadable. What makes you think it's not cheese?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

It's a blend of cheeses. They add whey and milk fat to make it spreadable. What makes you think it's not cheese?

*In my opinion.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ask a clerk, and if the store doesn't carry it, ask them to order some for you :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    If you need help finding laughing cow cheese, then you can borrow my 3 yr old. She totally loves "happy cow cheese" (as she calls it) and will locate it in any supermarket, and will alert you to the fact that she's found it by asking for it 3 million times. Also, she will hold it for you so you don't have to put it in the trolley with the rest of the groceries. You may have some difficulty separating her from the laughing cow cheese at the end of your shopping trip though....

:happy:
  • perkypolly
    perkypolly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    here in the uK its a popular spreadable cheese and generally found in the chilled section along with other brands like dearylea or philly. If you have a Aldi they carry own brand and I have been told its a better tasting cheese. I personally would prob substitute the cheese with an hard brand, as I find the laughing cow too processed and I am on a mission to avoid processed foods
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You could always ask a store employee? That's what they are there for.
  • aprilhatmaker
    aprilhatmaker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    depending on where your from you should i always find it near the cream cheese. But i lived in Tennessee til Aug `12 and now im in Oregon, 3,000 miles away and each store here carries it, so it may just be your area.. Just ask your store manager, They are usually ready to accommodate a regular shopper easily. btw its great all kinds of it, the spreadable ones in wedges are awesome. great snacks, ways to get ur cheese fixes. 35 calories and up to 45 a wedge depending on the type/flavoring. Good luck .. will have to look up those and see the recipes.
  • aprilhatmaker
    aprilhatmaker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You cant please everyone, i think they are a great low calorie snack, awesome with most recipes for me instead of for my diet. :flowerforyou:
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options

*In my opinion.

That "crap" is awesome!! I don't care what is added to it, its a regular staple in my diet!!!