Share Your Protein Shake Recipes?

Options
Hey everyone! I just recently got some IntraPRO vanilla whey protein powder (a friend insisted I try it out) and I was wondering if any of you have some good recipes for shakes and such? I don't think I'm gonna just wanna pound it back like he does, and would prefer some enjoyable ways to use this stuff lol!

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Dashingdish.com has some good ones.

I found that the best way for me to enjoy the protein shakes was by experimenting with things that I knew that I liked. I have pretty much a different one every day. If you like pumpkin, throw a couple spoons of canned pumpkin in a vanilla shake with a dash of cinnamon. It's really good. Also, I like to put a tsp of peanut butter and about 1/2 c of uncooked oats in a chocolate peanut butter shake. (Put the oats in by themselves and blend first so they become like a powder.) . Get some sugar free instant puddings and experiment with putting a 2 tsp of the cheesecake flavor one and 1/2 of your favorite berries in a shake to make your favorite cheesecake shake. I also use liquid flavorings. I like coconut flavoring in a chocolate shake or in a banana shake. (I have many flavors of shakes LOL). Hope this helps.
  • FitSlimHappy
    Options
    I love putting fresh fruit, ice and my protein powder (which is PhD Strawberry Delight ATM) in a blender then I either drink it as a smoothie or pop it in the freezer for a substitute of ice cream! Delicious!
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you! The ice cream substitute sounds amazing!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Protein powder,1 cup milk 1 cup water, 2 ice cubes. Substitute 1 cup OJ for the water post workout. Doesn't take much to please my pallette.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Let me see if I can remember this:

Pistachio Whey Smoothie

1/2 cup cottage cheese (don't be grossed out by this, you can taste it in the end.)
    1 Scopp vanilla Whey Protein Powder
    handful of ice
    1 cup water
    I cup low fat/non fat milk
    1tbls (it may have been tsp) of sugar free powder pudding mix

Blend it all up and it's REALLY thick but oh soo yummy.

You can also substitute just about ANY sugar free pudding powder mix and it tastes good. As well as throw some fruit in there.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I made one this week that was half a banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, unsweetened chocolate flavored almond milk, 1 scoop powder (mine is choco flavor) and ice.
  • zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Since it's still pretty cold outside, I just add hot water to my chocolate flavored Muscle Milk. It's like hot chocolate on my way to my 6am workout. Warms me up from the inside out.

Thinking I will add some fat free plain yogurt and frozen blueberries or raspberries when the weather warms up.

Got some strawberry powder to experiment with too.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I want to follow this post.
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump for later!