HUGE NSV :D

Options
I love hiking. LOVE it. It makes me feel so in touch with nature, gives me a better outlook, etc. I haven't been able to do the "difficult" trail (I put quotations because I'm sure it's nothing compared to a lot of other trails) in about 2 years. I have some pretty ridiculous back problems for a 24 year old and a good portion of the last 2 years has been spent going from doctor to doctor hoping to find an answer.

After a while I finally realized the problem was muscular, not skeletal like previously thought. I bought a massage chair and have been using that, along with getting professional massages regularly and I felt like it was really making a difference.

Well today I put that to the test. I went with my sister and 2 friends to try the difficult trail. I was able to complete it and my back didn't start hurting until the walk back to the car, then after sitting in the car and driving home my back felt fine. I'm at work now, I was expecting to be REALLY sore but I feel great! :D

I think that part of my life may finally be behind me.

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Mandy :) glad i got to be there for it!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    The Billy Goat Trail is really a good quality trail when it comes to challenging (and doesn't have to just be long).

It's all a journey, just keep at it!
  • mjm9003
    mjm9003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great accomplishment.
  • Mandino788
    Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The Billy Goat Trail is really a good quality trail when it comes to challenging (and doesn't have to just be long).

It's all a journey, just keep at it!

Is it really? I felt like it's not that bad when you compare it to other trails..it's the hardest at Great Falls but I didn't realize it was really that tough :)
  • Mandino788
    Options
    That's awesome Mandy :) glad i got to be there for it!

Thanks Em :)
  • Mandino788
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great accomplishment.

Thanks! :)