I miss Eggo waffles!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I guess Im just used to them, I havent had an eggo in like 3 years. I tried to eliminate the majority of refined carbs from my diet
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Last week, someone posted about De Wafelbakkers multigrain sweet potato cinnamon waffles. I tried them and they are FANTASTIC!! Everything in them is good for you. And, you don't even have to put syrup on them. The info is (a serving is 3 small waffles):

cal: 190
    tot fat: 9
    sat fat: 0.5
    sodium: 135
    total carb: 24
    fiber: 3
    protein: 3

I just picked up the pancake version of these and they actually have one gram more fiber and protein, if you're interested.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Last week, someone posted about De Wafelbakkers multigrain sweet potato cinnamon waffles. I tried them and they are FANTASTIC!! Everything in them is good for you. And, you don't even have to put syrup on them. The info is (a serving is 3 small waffles):

I just picked up the pancake version of these and they actually have one gram more fiber and protein, if you're interested.

These sound amazing. Do you find them in the grocery freezer section or somewhere else?
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options

These sound amazing. Do you find them in the grocery freezer section or somewhere else?

In the freezer section, but they're not available in all stores. I picked mine up at Whole Foods, but you can check their website for other locations/stores.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Ditto to everyone! I LOVE the eggo low-fat multi grain waffles. I do have ICBINT on them with sugar-free syrup, but I eat them with a bowl of fruit to counter balance the lack of nutrition ;)
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I really like the Special K toaster waffles. They're a little bit sweeter than an eggo, so I don't need syrup, just a little fake butter!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I just had some Fiber One pancakes the other day, YUM-O drizzled with a bit of raw honey.

I made them from the box mixes they sell. I'm sure you could make up some waffles and freeze them as some suggested over the weekend. I thought they tasted great. Serving size is 3 which was plenty for me, no butter just a bit of honey and I felt satisfied for a sweet craving. :flowerforyou: