Giving up diet coke - any suggestions on an alternatives?

Options
124»

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I can't stand soda. Way too sweet but I love the bubble so I do seltzer water. In the summer I will make lemon or cucumber water, ice tea, iced coffee. Lots of alternatives to soda. Don't get the "flavored water" that they sell at the stores though. Those have sugar/aspartame in them and they taste fake and nasty.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    my alternative to diet coke is coke zero :D

but to the OP - I like the MIO flavored water stuff
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Any reason other than personal? I use it when dieting and so does my fiancee, it won't stop any results from the diet.

Of course if its just personal preference then I'll shut the hell up! LOL :laugh:

really? cuz i've switched to diet coke and cant help but think this is the reason i'm not losing. grrr...
  • BLady44
    BLady44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like La Croix Water. It doesn't have any artificial sweeteners, it's calorie free and it comes in everything from plain sparkling water to lime, cranberry and coconut flavor. I find it to be a refreshing alternative to diet soda plus it doesn't leave me with a weird bloated feeling.

Thanks, I will look for it..
  • BLady44
    BLady44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Have you tried "Spark" from Advocare? I love it! It really helped me when I gave up my daily Diet Mt.Dew. I signed up to be a distributor so that I could get a discount.
    Thanks, I will look into it..
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Wine?
  • barefootsoul91
    Options
    personally i gave it up and jut drink water, water with crystal light... juice milk tea...coffee...um...there r so many flavors of crystal lite and mio type things.. smoothies shakes.. lemonade is the best! its hard at first but worth it! 3 weeks strong! my guy friend hasntbhad a soda n like 2 years.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Coke and had to give it up because of the caffeine. It was hard to go cold turkey but then I found BlueSky. They make natural pop. The taste is a little different but you know that's because there's no chemicals in it! I love it and buy the Cola for when I'm craving Coke.
  • Ron6098
    Ron6098 Posts: 31
    Options
    For a long time I was drinking three liters of diet coke a day. I was exercising, but everyday I would wake up with my feet and and joints killing me. Anyway, I switched to soda water and eventually to unsweetened white tea as well as herbal teas. The first week (diet coke free) was the hardest but believe me, after that it was no big deal. Oh and the pain in my feet and joints went away soon after the switch.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Water, it is free has no sugar or additives and tastes OK too
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Buy real Coke. You'll think twice before drinking it.

<3
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    cold herbal tea. i allow myself one diet soda max on weekdays, 2 on weekends. the rest is water and cold herbal tea (and wine & coffee hehe).

I simply use ásian' methods for this - water in a bottle, teabag, shake, drink. Don't mess about with steeping and cooling it, theres no need. Water, bottle, teabag. The end.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    polar seltzer
  • SuzieInSanDiego
    SuzieInSanDiego Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love a combination of mineral water (unflavored) like Pellagrino with a little unsweetened Pom juice, in a ratio of about 6:1.. Really delicious! Pellagrino plus fresh lime, also great.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda completely back in 2010. It was a cold-turkey thing. I was drinking 2 to 3 2-liters a day. For the caffeine, I drank a little coffee, a little tea, an occasional Monster Rehab (I like those because they're non-carbonated), and some of the energy mio. As time has passed, I don't miss the soda like I used to and I drink less of my above-listed "alternatives". I occasionally treat myself to a flavored sparkling water but for the most part, I feel like I've had a good transition from soda drinker to water drinker. Good luck to you. :)
  • Jluvs3clarks
    Options
    When I gave up my diet pepsi I went for Green Tea.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yeah water. Only way to go off it is cold turkey & that means giving it up totally.
  • dida_57
    dida_57 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Add lemon to your water, it taste really good, also tea is a good anti-oxidant.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Add lemon to your water, it taste really good,

i also like lime, cucumber, ginger or mint in my water :)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I have tried to quit diet soda but failed. As a caffeine addict who hates coffee and tea it is not easy. I doubt I will ever quit