Now how am I supposed to log that?

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
I just came back from a chinese banquet dinner. I worked out today, ate light, and had 1,000 calories allocated for it.

Well, the jumbo prawns covered in mayo with and caramelized pecans I can estimate, same for veggies or a tiny bit of fried meat, lobster, beer, soups and noodles. But it was the deep fried sweetened condensed milk balls that did me in. I ate at least 3 of them. How on earth am I supposed to know how many calories in that? But if I don't put anything, MFP tracker will think I am under my calorie goal.

What do I log for the day? I think I'm just going to drown my sorrows in some rum and diet coke now.

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    just add quick cals of how ever many you thought it could be. or search whatever you can and put the highest amount and try for a better day tomorrow
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    Just let it go. Put a note on your food log so you remember what you had. When you close put your log make a comment so your friemds know and work out a bit extra tomarrow:tongue:
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Did they look like these?

http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/12/deep-fried-milk.html

If so, you can use the recipe calculator to get a ballpark estimate (assuming similar recipe, etc.). Your night out sounds delicious!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Quick add 1,000 calories for the meal.

LOL - my kid went to an asian market tonight and we had a few things I had a hell of a time looking up. I finally found them though.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I would just assume I blew it, and eat light tomorrow.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you ate ok the rest of the day and feel you havent gone too over your allowance then maybe just log the day as a maintenance day?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    On days like that I resort to the SWAG method - and old trick I learned from a former boss (he used it when he wasn't sure how much to order :tongue: ). SWAG = scientific wild *kitten* guessing - or finding the closest match to whatever you ate in the food database and just wing it! :drinker:
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you, this was helpful. I counted it as gulab jamun - close enough.

My guess is I was pretty close to maintenance yesterday. That is the goal for my cheat day, so I am fine. whew.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Quick add 1,000 calories for the meal.

That's what I typically did when I logged a buffet. I just quick added however many calories I had left and called it a day.