Seen as one of the "guys"

Options
suey07
suey07 Posts: 48 Member
I have a lot of guy friends and they all put me in the friend zone as "one of the guys" cuz I like sports and don't act all prissy. What am I doing wrong here? Should I change my ways and squeal when I see a spider like most of the girls guys tend to like? Guys seem to claim they want a girl that likes things that they do, yet they go for girls that are nothing like them. Im confused.

Replies

• JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    Dont change who you are... if you are being friend zoned by these guys then they aren't meant to be with you.
    The right guy will come along who will love that you act like one of the guys but like the female side of you ;)
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I love clothes and high heels and I have long hair but aside from that, I am not a girly girl. I fix my own car, I'm not scared of spiders, I run the money in my house, I am fiercely independent and I am happy to get dirty with sport, or repairs, or anything that needs doing.

But my man still thinks I'm a princess and treats me as one. Because accepting me for who I am is important. And while some of your friends may not see past the 'one of the guys' persona they've placed on you, they're the ones missing out. Don't change who you are because the guy who who will like YOU for you will be worth waiting for.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    hey! spiders are scary! :wink:

and just be yourself! not all guys like prissy girls. maybe one of your guy friends will realize how awesome you are and take it to the next level! you never know :wink:
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    men want to date women...maybe you're sending out a more manly vibe? i hate to say it and sound sexist, but if you throw on a little extra makeup, hike up your skirt a little and say some girly things...it will get their attention. ask them to open something for you, or if they are taller than you, ask for them to reach something for you.

don't change who you are, just soften yourself up.
  • Abhishek1984
    Options
    I have a lot of guy friends and they all put me in the friend zone as "one of the guys" cuz I like sports and don't act all prissy. What am I doing wrong here? Should I change my ways and squeal when I see a spider like most of the girls guys tend to like? Guys seem to claim they want a girl that likes things that they do, yet they go for girls that are nothing like them. Im confused.

I am the "best friend guy" too and i tried a lot first to reason with myself n with the 'friends' , why not me...but nobody ever gives a straight forward answer..now i stopped asking why , and get rid of any of those who try to string me along..

don't be confused , be happy:smile: ,just be friends if that's what they want, no expectation or special favours ,never change who you are , and when the time n person is right then..:heart: will happen...:drinker:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Just do YOU, the right guy will come along....and he probably WON'T like sports and stuff! Opposites DO attract. Guys NOR Women want people like them! They are the HARDEST to get along with! Guys only say that when they want a woman to empathize with what they have done...usually something stupid. The most important thing is to get someone who shares your core Values, it is no biggie if when the game is on he is in another room watching PBS or cooking or weight lifting or out cycling... As long as you DO spend time together and any one thing does not take over the relationship.
  • suey07
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input! I dont have feelings for any of my guy friends, but it just seemed like all the guy friends that I do make, tend to automatically put me in that friendzone.
  • suey07
    Options
    @EDesq Thanks, thats great advice!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Take your shirt off. Things will change.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    So if I can gather this correctly...you have a crush on one of your friends?

Seeing as the best relationships tend to be built on friendships, I would say the best way to progress would be to get really drunk and start making out.

The next day, you'll be forced to talk about all the things you should have just talked about in the first place.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Depends on what your aim is. If you are fine with being "one of the guys" then just continue what you are doing.

If you want to be viewed as a romantic interest then you have to start acting like it. Start squealing when you see a spider and come off as slightly vulnerable, guys love that stuff. Limit your sports watching on TV and start doing girl stuff, like getting waxed/mani/pedi/etc.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Seeing as the best relationships tend to be built on friendships, I would say the best way to progress would be to get really drunk and start making out.

The next day, you'll be forced to talk about all the things you should have just talked about in the first place.
    I fully endorse this post.

And add, don't be so cynical about other women and what they may or may not do. Nobody likes catty. Don't bother yourself with others.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

ALWAYS be who you are. If you act like someone you are not, you will attract someone who like a person that is not like you. Continue to do the things that you like to do and when you meet tha right person it will be while you are both involved in something you have in common. You're only 24; you are in no hurry. I didn't meet the perfect person for me until I was in my mid-30's and we have been together now for 25 years and I can't remember or imagine a time in my life without her.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Man up.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    dont change yourself!!!
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options

I'm not usually an advocate of alcohol for things like this, but in moderation, yeah.

I would heartly recommend, from bitter experience, not changing yourself to try to be something you're not. Trust me, you'll be happier in the long run.

Also, dating seems to grow out of friendship these days (unless you're using dating sites), so maybe you just haven't found the right "friend-who-wil-become-a-date" yet?
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Be yourself yo', the ideal guy is gonna come along and LOVE the fact you're not like every other girl and those kinda relationships are built to last :3 Your ideal partner should be your lover AND your best friend
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Show up with beer and a big coat...right before the game starts ask them if anyone wants a beer. Take off your coat wearing a French Maid outfit and start serving...bet the guys change their tune!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

ALWAYS be who you are. If you act like someone you are not, you will attract someone who like a person that is not like you. Continue to do the things that you like to do and when you meet tha right person it will be while you are both involved in something you have in common. You're only 24; you are in no hurry. I didn't meet the perfect person for me until I was in my mid-30's and we have been together now for 25 years and I can't remember or imagine a time in my life without her.

Great post ^ :happy: I'm 24 as well, sometimes I feel like the time is already running out for love, happiness, etc, it's good to hear that people still find it later in life.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Do not change your ways. There are many men out there who would prefer to have a woman who enjoys sports and isn't so "I can't do things unless its with a man". If they look at you as one of the guys its not a bad thing. Never change for anyone...unless your into hardcore black tar heroin type drugs. Then you should really change your outlook on life.