To anyone who works out more than once a day...

Options
So, I've been pretty consistent about exercising in the mornings. This is fine, I like getting exercise out of the way in the morning. It's also FL so I like working out before it gets to be 90 degrees and humid.
However, there are often times that in the evening that I wouldn't mind going into my apartment's gym and riding the stationary or something.
BUT, I am getting so tired of taking 2 showers during the day! And I'm running out of shampoo and conditioner crazy fast. :( Does anybody else have the same frustration or am I totally weird?

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!!!

...not to mention that it's not good for your hair to wash it that often. I don't color my hair, so I figure I can get away with it, but I still don't want to dry it out!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Don't wash your hair twice a day, I was running in the morning and then washing my hair and then going to vball practice and then washing my hair, after awhile I started to realize that my hair felt super greasy and gross and that was why! So if you workout twice a day just wash your hair after one of them, seems kinda gross I know... or just rinse your hair after the 2nd workout. Great job on getting 2 workouts in!

~Leash :heart:
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Don't wash your hair twice a day, I was running in the morning and then washing my hair and then going to vball practice and then washing my hair, after awhile I started to realize that my hair felt super greasy and gross and that was why! So if you workout twice a day just wash your hair after one of them, seems kinda gross I know... or just rinse your hair after the 2nd workout. Great job on getting 2 workouts in!

~Leash :heart:

I could probably do that. It'd also shorten my shower time rather dramatically. haha
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Just stay icky and sweaty sometimes. Lol I do that sometimes . I too get tired of a few showers a day! :flowerforyou:
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am in Florida too and end up doing the same workout in AM early then work and then end up biking at night and sometimes swimming but oh well sometimes I get a shower at night too. When you swim you are showering 2-3 times just use less conditioner....I love working out my problem is sticking with the right food balance...GOod lunk
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    I have drier, natural curly hair and I love dry shampoo for between washes, it makes my scalp feel less grimy but my hair keeps its natural oils. I don't know if thats something you'd be interested in :)
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing after my third shower today LOL I cant wash my hair daily (extremely frizzy and dry) so I do a lot of water aerobics and alternate days with bike or treadmill and wash it every other day or so. I took a nice walk this evening and we are GA so I sweated a LOT and had to wash it tonight though...
  • _BeccaLynn_
    Options
    Just wondering if you have thought about using dry shampoo? I have a friend who uses it and loves it. She washes her hair every other day and the mornings she doesn't wash it she uses the dry shampoo.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I actually work out sometimes 3 times a day. But I only shower once in the morning. I probably stink at night but no one has said anything hahaha.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Well I only work out once a day, that is in the evening, but I HAVE to shower in the morning EVERY morning, so I shower twice a day too! I only wash my hair once though, just rinse it the other time!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I definitely shower more than once a day, but the 'real' shower is in the morning (when I shampoo and condition). The other showers are more 'rinses' than anything else. Quick in and out to get the sweat off. Don't use soap or shampoo, because of the drying effects (and also not being made of money, lol).
  • wolt98
    wolt98 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As a hairdresser I will say that it is not good to wash your hair too often. You should just rinse it and run a light conditioner just through your ends. Washing too much can dry out your scalp and strip color. Washing it every two to three days is best. I shower twice a day but wash my hair only once a day.
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    I concur with the "stay stinky" response. I work out during my lunch break and then again after work and I usually just stay stinky. Of course, I wash my face before going to bed, but I go to bed stinky and shower in the am. Occasionally, I'll shower when I get home if I want to sleep in in the morning but I usually don't have a chance to do that since I have two small kids that I have to feed when I get home. You get used to it quick!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I will rinse off my body when I get sweaty, but I don't wash my hair every time I shower. My hair and scalp get too dry if I wash it too often.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Thank you, everyone for the suggestions! I feel too grimy if I don't shower after a workout, but I think i can do a rinse rather than a shower once a day.
    Hopefully I'll be doing some more workouts in the evening now. :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I will rinse off my body when I get sweaty, but I don't wash my hair every time I shower. My hair and scalp get too dry if I wash it too often.

Ditto! I color my hair so there's no way in hell I'm washing it that much! Would kill the color! Besides.....my hair doesn't behave very well when it's too clean!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo. Buy it. ASAP! :bigsmile:
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't be showering twice a day no matter what you are doing.
    I mean, unless you get covered in mud and feces....
    But if you shower twice a day your skin dries out, making it more prone to wrinkles, and your hair will get brittle and might actually fall out.

I only take a shower every other day, or maybe even longer.
    But I have eczema so I can't take one everyday anyways,
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo...or don't wash your hair after morning workout and wear your hair up in a bit of a greasy updo...updos are easier with grimy hair.
  • annie33
    annie33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a day, but only wash my hair every second day, unless I'm going out. Just put it up in a pony tail in between. a quick shower after each workout feels good though!