What do you think about TurboFire?

Options
So as I'm winding down my training for a half marathon and getting bored with my Insanity dvds, I'm looking to buy a new workout dvd. I've tried TurboFire a couple of times and enjoyed it each time but before I fully commit to buying it I was wondering if any one has any opinions on it, whether the opinions be for it or against it.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• lozmc1980
    Options
    I started Feb 25th and am really enjoying it so far! It's really motivating and I feel awesome when I'm done! I've picked up the moves really quickly which surprised me:) It's pretty fun! Good luck
  • smhbcd
    smhbcd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take Turbo Kick which is related to Turbo Fire. Turbo Kick is offered at gyms by certified instructors under Chalene Johnson. It is a really good work out. I sweat a lot and it helps me keep up with cardio. I highly recommend it.
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    I liked it a lot. I've never been able to commit fully to any workout regiment, but I love Chalene Johnson's stuff... Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and ChaLean Extreme.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is my "Soulmate Workout"!!! I LOVE it. Once you get the moves down it is so much fun and it burns TONS of calories!! I did it last year because Chalene is my favorite motivator. I am currently doing Insanity, but I really miss Turbo Fire. I highly recommend it!!
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire. I started it in January. It keeps me motivated and when I'm tired, the music keeps me going. If you are taking votes, I vote you do it. :-)

Before Turbo Fire, I thought about Insanity, but worried that I would get bored. I know I'd do it for the workout and the benefits, but from what I've seen of the videos, I wasnt sure it would keep my interest over a longer period of time.
  • kazitykaz
    kazitykaz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It definitely increases your fitness. I am on week 7 of the prep schedule, so not even fully into it yet. Before doing turbo fire I would struggle to do 5 mph on the treadmill. I went on it again yesterday and was doing 7mph easily on it and then trying to challenge myself at 8mph. Definitely think the increase in speed is due to turbo fire.

Turbo fire is also really motivating because of the schedule it comes with, although you're probably used to this with insanity.

Since doing it I have lost 6.5 lbs. I took my measurements at 5 weeks of the prep schedule and lost 2 inches around my waist and 2 inches around my hip. Will next take measurements at the end of the prep schedule, 9 weeks.

Hope this helps.
  • meglet175
    meglet175 Posts: 98
    Options
    I love it, too. The workouts are challenging without being over the top difficult. The music and the moves are so fun that the workout seems to pass quickly - and I don't get bored like I do with other workout DVDs. In other words, if you have an inner dancing queen, she'll love these DVDs.
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    LOVE Turbofire! I'm in week 2!
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love it, too. The workouts are challenging without being over the top difficult. The music and the moves are so fun that the workout seems to pass quickly - and I don't get bored like I do with other workout DVDs. In other words, if you have an inner dancing queen, she'll love these DVDs.

perhaps this is why I dont like turbo fire or anything from chalene. I dont have that inner dancing queen at all, I like my workout to be a workout and I save the dancing for when I go to the club (never). I love my insanity and plan to do 2 rounds of it before moving on to insanity the asylum. personal preference I guess. lots of people love turbofire Im just not one of them
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Sorry- I didn't like it. To me every workout was the same and I just got bored of the same few moves. I couldn't get the choreography and foundvitbtoo boring to persevere.
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the set and will be getting it on Tuesday so thanks for posting this.....I like to read everyone's opinions.

I do have an inner dancing queen and one that likes to punch and kick so I think I will really enjoy Turbo Fire! If you decide to go for it we can be Turbo Fire buddies!
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    I love the Turbo Fire!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Hope you enjoy it. I just don't enjoy the kickboxing stuff. Nearly all the latest DVDs include it nowadays.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    started this week, I really like it!

I do not sell beachbody add me if you want support! :)
  • tuck11er
    tuck11er Posts: 10
    Options
    Turbofire has its pros and cons: I love the upbeat positive attitude Chalene has and the workouts really do a good job of making me sweat. but the choreography is repetitive and sometimes she changes the moves so quickly that by the time I get the moves right, she's on to something else. Overall, I like it though. If I get lost in the choreography, it doesn't really matter because I'm still getting a good workout.
  • mrslizfrye
    mrslizfrye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, it's definitely helpful! Ordering it as soon as I save enough for it!
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Turbofire!! I just finished week 16 today and plan on doing 20 weeks and then doing a hybrid of Turbo and some sort of strength training.

Here's the link to my 12 week results.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/878655-my-turbofire-12-week-results-with-pics
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it!!! I am finishing week 2 today. I really like Chalene, she doesn't talk too much so it doens't get annoying to hear it over and over...lol. Plus it is just really motivating to see those women move like that...and if you watch the "Meet the Class" on the Stretch 40 DVD you will be AMAZED at these women...1 had triplets and 1 had QUADS and has 7 kids total. Another was very very heavy after her 2nd child...yet they all look AMAZING now. Yes I know it probably was not all from TF but I tell myself if they can do it and they were bigger than I am that I sure as heck can!
  • LouiseOverbeck
    Options
    I LOVE TurboFire! It is so upbeat and motivating. I started in Jan and I just started week 9.
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Make sure you buy the FULL package (with the Core20, Tone30, Sculpt30). It should come with the resistance bands. Those workouts really make the program come alive, otherwise it's just cardio!

Loved TurboFire! Was a little rough on my knees but you should be fine if you did Insanity!

Have fun!