Calorie deficit? Goals help?

Options
Calories Burned / Week 2,690 calories/week

Daily Calorie Deficit 610 calories

When I click on "Your Fitness Goals" these 2 things are highlighted in red and I'm not sure what they mean exactly. So does the first mean that I am supposed to burn 2,690 calories a week with exercise??

And the second thing, I thought meant I'm supposed to burn 610 calories per day but that doesn't add up to 2,690 cals a week, so I am CONFUSED.. lol

Sorry I've been posting so many questions but I'm finally sticking to this whole diet/exercise/healthy living thing and I want to get it right!

Thanks!

Replies

• mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i dont really get it either but if you log your excersise then look at how mant calories its says per day and per week mine says 1000 per day and 4000 pw
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Calories Burned / Week 2,690 calories/week - this measure is your estimated calories burn based on what exercise you've said you do.

Daily Calorie Deficit 610 calories - This is the amount you are eating less than your TDEE (the amount of calories your body needs to function and do your exercise) to help reduce your calories intake.
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever understand :/ Maybe I need a tutor lol
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    When you signed up it asked you how much exercise you planned to do. So lets say you said 5 days a week for 30 mins or something that would equal about 538 cals you burn on days you exercise

5 (days exercised) X 538 (cals they think you will burn) = 2690

These cals are not calculated into the calorie number MFP says to eat. If you do exercise and log it that will be added to you calorie goal.

610 calories is the deficit you have built in per day.

Lets say it estimates your daily caloric needs (without exercise) to be 2300, it will tell you to eat 1690 as that would maintain your 610 cal deficit
    2300 - 610 = 1690