Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Smaller plate please!

Does anyone else struggle with NOT filling up that huge plate that you are given before any meal? I'm slowly learning how to keep my portion in check even though that plate size might just throw me off.

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    I stopped eating off of dinner plates a long time ago. I just use the salad plates. I don't even think about it anymore!
  • Sometimes I find myself using my one year old son's bowls and plates. I enjoy seeing the bowl full, but his bowl is proportionally right.
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    smaller plates

OR

fill with veggies

OR

Get creative with the presentation like the TV chefs
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Good ideas..
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    We now eat dessert out of some bowls that my mum's family used as a kid. They're probably about the size of a teacup. At first they seemed tiny, but now they seem perfect and you still feel like you're getting a full bowl of dessert!
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    You folks should love this one. I went to one of those stores that let you pick out a piece of ceramic and paint it. I choose a plate and a week later I picked up my finished piece of art. I painted it in sections for vegetable, fruit, protein, and grains. Each section is the proper portion size.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    You folks should love this one. I went to one of those stores that let you pick out a piece of ceramic and paint it. I choose a plate and a week later I picked up my finished piece of art. I painted it in sections for vegetable, fruit, protein, and grains. Each section is the proper portion size.

That's brilliant! I so want to do that!!

ETA: Minus fruit.. I don't like fruit. :( Wahh
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    I have eaten off of salad plates for a while now. I have dishes from my ancestors and their dinner plates are closer to our salad plates of today. Take a look at the plates they use in restaurants, it's crazy:)
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    same as others have said, use smaller plates and bowls! It is amazing, it really works. If I have a large plate I feel like I'm not eating anything and I'm still so hungry. If I have a small but full plate I am much more satisfied.