i want to burn 500 calories a day.

Options
Other than spinning and running, what's some good workouts?

Replies

• Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Some good work outs that I do and have (we could do them together occasionally or I could lend them to you) are my Biggest Loser DVDS, TurboFire workout, ZUMBA and also swimming is really good1!! If you go to Crystal Pool or somewhere like that, we could go together! As it is, I'm totally game for even going and walking the trails and such too with you if you want - I know some good places!
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm doing some pretty intense kettlebell circuits and burning a ton. Plus, they are super fun.
  • Shellsmiley
    Options
    I'm doing some pretty intense kettlebell circuits and burning a ton. Plus, they are super fun.

Oh yes, kettle bell workouts are great!!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    circuit training and intervals burn tons of calories
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Weights, cycling, swimming!

I walked for a couple of hours just with the dogs and family and burned 638 calories! Didn't even feel like that much at all!
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Interval training burns loads of calories. I do a circuit set at the gym where I work on each machine (treadmill, row, elliptical etc) unroll I've burnt 100 calories per machine then do some more if I have energy left that easily does 500 per workout for me.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM this would be any of the below:

- 45 mins on the elliptical

- An hour of yoga

- Two Jillian Michael's 20 min 30 Day Shred segments

- A bodyweight routine plus 20 mins elliptical
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    What did they say 6 minutes of sex was...29 calories? So just have sex for approximately 102 minutes a day.

My math could be off - but basically, get it on.
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Circuits should do it. Insanity is working for me!
  • Shellsmiley
    Options
    Interval training burns loads of calories. I do a circuit set at the gym where I work on each machine (treadmill, row, elliptical etc) unroll I've burnt 100 calories per machine then do some more if I have energy left that easily does 500 per workout for me.

Every time I go to the gym I do a full circuit too all the cardio machines and the weight machines because pumping iron actually keeps burning calories even after you've finished where as cardio doesn't.

I also noticed for me, taking 2 lb dumbbells when on a walk helps to burn a bit more too, or invest in some walking poles and use those, it really helps to get your entire body moving and you'll be surprised how much that can help with weight loss :smile:
  • Shellsmiley
    Options
    What did they say 6 minutes of sex was...29 calories? So just have sex for approximately 102 minutes a day.

Honestly, I noticed when I was getting it on with my bf daily, I'd lose more weight - lol no joke. It seriously helped!!
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Honestly, I noticed when I was getting it on with my bf daily, I'd lose more weight - lol no joke. It seriously helped!!

Would it be off-putting to wear a HRM?
  • Shellsmiley
    Options

HAHAHA well, not for SOMEONE I know (my best friend J) hahaha, she just HAD to and well, in 20 minutes she burned 168 calories, but she's pretty much stationary the whole time. Haha if you're more active, it will be more, hopefully a lot more. :laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Swimming. Great for all over body workouts and low impact.
  • ChristineLondon
    ChristineLondon Posts: 29 Member
    Options

HAHAHA well, not for SOMEONE I know (my best friend J) hahaha, she just HAD to and well, in 20 minutes she burned 168 calories, but she's pretty much stationary the whole time. Haha if you're more active, it will be more, hopefully a lot more. :laugh:

LMAO!!!!!! Love this :-)
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of Inclined walk on treadmill or hill walking can burn a lot of calories.In 60 minutes at 5% incline, I burn 501 calories..
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

This^^^^^ This is why we all need to get it on more often!! hehehe I'm at work right now and I'm trying not to laugh but this is so hilarious!! You could put a little lace on the monitor to make it look a little better! LoL
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do insanity and Chalean extreme
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options

This^^^^^ This is why we all need to get it on more often!! hehehe I'm at work right now and I'm trying not to laugh but this is so hilarious!! You could put a little lace on the monitor to make it look a little better! LoL

You could be on to something here, Ann Summer HRM anyone?

(sorry not meaning to highjack)
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Bench Press
    Deadlift
    Squats
    OHP

If you use 5-3-1 you can workout for about an hour for each of these and burn 500 a pop and keep the burn going all day long, instead of it ending like it does within a half hour or so of cardio.