The body you want in the time you have - opinions please

Options
2»

Replies

• JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks, has someone got a summarised version of the 200 page report? Not got the time to read through all of that at the moment.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks, has someone got a summarised version of the 200 page report? Not got the time to read through all of that at the moment.

There is a stronglifts women's group on here and they have a really excellent summary of the program. I don't have the link but it should be easy enough to find.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    You can do 2 days. You just won't progress as fast. Which really isnt a big deal once the weight gets heavy. You'll welcome the extra time off.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I know that the P90X program won't fit into your schedule, but have you tried ChaLEAN Extreme? It's a DVD program also, but the workouts are shorter, there are three lifting days and 2 cardio days, and she has you lift very heavy. I'm on month 3 of this program and I've done 2 rounds of P90X and while that program totally rocks, this one is really perfect for a busy working mom like me. I'm seeing changes and building muscles and losing weight all at the same time.

Just an option. Sounds like you have a good basis of what you want, but I like the videos to keep me on track and focused since I workout at 5am most of the time.

Good luck!
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikstergirl

I had thought of that but having done 7 weeks of Jillian Michaels I decided to stay away from the DVD weight training workouts. I agree it's nice to have someone to follow for motivation but sometimes when you need to change weight etc. it's good to be able to go at your own pace. I don't have a lot of time to train but I have a fully equipped home gym so think I'll stick to Insanity for cardio 'cos I enjoy DVD workouts but for weights I want to make good use of my gym at home.

Still do decide whether or not to do Stronglifts or what I was planning with the workout in my book though. Need to try and read up on Stronglifts during my lunch break I think! Is it really so much better than other weight training programs?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    My 3 month progress on strong lifts here. Youre at work so I'll warn you the pics are shirtless. I also am a guy so the results may or may not be the same for women dunno.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/906502-3-months-stronglifts-5x5