Now that wasn't so hard after all!

Options
xonophone
xonophone Posts: 474 Member
For the first time tonight, I asked for a to-go container as soon as my dinner came, and immediately boxed up half my meal before I took a single bite. I got a couple of strange queries from the wait staff, but I proudly defended my strategy! And you know what? I felt completely satiated after eating only half my meal whereas in my pre-MFP days I would have eaten the entire plate without hesitation and felt full and gross afterwards but would have done it anyway. And this way I didn't have to feel guilty about eating the braised short ribs with parmesan risotto that I really and truly wanted! Who knew it was that easy? I feel so empowered....I am Superwoman! :drinker: Well okay, not really, after all there are real heroes doing really good deeds out there, but still ....:blushing:

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed. Nice strategy!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great !!! That's the way to go!!! You ARE SUPERWOMEN!!:flowerforyou:
  • lTlasha
    lTlasha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!!! Nice Job!!
  • Amanda_Bridges90
    Amanda_Bridges90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Omgosh! That use to be me too! I would order a full order of Shrimp && Chicken fajita's (without the fattening shell) && eat it all in one sitting. Now I eat half the order and I'm completely satisfied, && I eat it later on when I get hungry again. Dieting really opens your eyes and makes you aware of what you're putting into your body. I eat whatever I want, BUT I eat it in smaller portions. && I usually by the fat free stuff from the grocery store. I <3 this site, it's AMAZING! Lol, sorry for my long rant there :)
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Its these little successes that get us where we want to be! You should be so proud, what a great mini goal to accomplish and utilize in the future as well :flowerforyou:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Great!! Way to go girl!!
  • SailorBoyFoster
    Options
    Fantastic idea!!! Next time I go out, Im stealing your strategy :P
  • yourpalval
    Options
    You got it - great job! When we go out my husband and I usually split the entree - luckily we like a lot of the same foods. Otherwise, I do the same as you. Healthy habits feel good!
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEA!!! I never even thought about getting a to-go box BEFORE I eat the food. GREAT JOB! Congrats!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT idea... I might just have to steal it!

way to go!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Great job! I usually eat half... but I've never asked for a to go box at the start of the meal... because I don't want those weird looks! :) So far I am doing fine on just eating half and boxing up the rest.
  • xonophone
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback everyone!! I don't think I can take credit for the strategy - I'm pretty sure I heard it somewhere else but you are all welcome to steal it and make it your own! :happy: For me the key is most definately to box up half the meal BEFORE I take that first bite - once I start eating I simply would not have the willpower to part with any of it!!
  • xonophone
    Options
    Its these little successes that get us where we want to be! You should be so proud, what a great mini goal to accomplish and utilize in the future as well :flowerforyou:

Thank you but OMGosh - speaking of goals did you really lose 275 pounds??? YOU are the superwoman! Way to go - I am humbled and incredibly impressed beyond words. :flowerforyou:
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options

Thank you but OMGosh - speaking of goals did you really lose 275 pounds??? YOU are the superwoman! Way to go - I am humbled and incredibly impressed beyond words. :flowerforyou:

LOL, yes I did lose 275 pounds, I have more to go, but that's besides the point. Thank you - Superwoman... in my kids eyes I sure am! I love reading posts like yours. It really is a lot about all the little things we change and choose to do differently that pull together our larger goals. This is a helpful strategy for a lot of us - a very needed post for sure!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Fabulous idea!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!